What are your plans for October and November?

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
This is what we do now that steelhead are gone (OK maybe we did this instead of steelhead):

View attachment 42561
Awesome!!! I’m completely obsessed with duck hunting as of late. I didn’t go steelheading one day. I think my Meiser’s are sad… Im still in hunt mode!

longputt

Steelhead
Awesome!!! I’m completely obsessed with duck hunting as of late. I didn’t go steelheading one day. I think my Meiser’s are sad… Im still in hunt mode!
Spend a little time thinking about ducks life cycle pays great dividends. Feed...Rest...Feed...yep my steelhead rods have become smallmouth rods.

longputt

Steelhead
I always joke...I am Forest Gump of duck...I have so many recipes for duck...duck is not easy to cook. But I have no turduckin recipe!

Reactions: RCF

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
Spend a little time thinking about ducks life cycle pays great dividends. Feed...Rest...Feed...yep my steelhead rods have become smallmouth rods.
I’ll definitely do that. That is a great picture! Can’t wait to get back out again.

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
I have no idea where you live but WA waterfowl hunting is really great...a little effort goes a long way.

If you want some sure thing recipes for your duck PM me.
I’m in Yakima, I’ll definitely give you a shout for recipes. I made a bunch of jerky so far and it was really good.

RCF

Life of the Party
I always joke...I am Forest Gump of duck...I have so many recipes for duck...duck is not easy to cook. But I have no turduckin recipe!

Thanks for putting up with me. I just could not pass that up. John Madden was a great person!

Calling for all turduckin recipes! LOL...

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
I have spent the last few days crawling all over this basin. I passed on a couple small bucks earlier in the week and screwed up a rare opportunity on a cat. I’m still pretty overwhelmed with everything over here. There is so much great country to hunt, I don’t know what to do with it all😀. I’ll hunt here through the end of the week and then head back to my old WA spots for the remainder of the late archery season. My busted up old ankle will be happy st spend some days in a tree stand.9766EB90-D50E-4A83-B3E7-0009DEE55EA1.jpeg

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
I have spent the last few days crawling all over this basin. I passed on a couple small bucks earlier in the week and screwed up a rare opportunity on a cat. I’m still pretty overwhelmed with everything over here. There is so much great country to hunt, I don’t know what to do with it all😀. I’ll hunt here through the end of the week and then head back to my old WA spots for the remainder of the late archery season. My busted up old ankle will be happy st spend some days in a tree stand.View attachment 42735
Wishing you good luck.

Bob Rankin

Forum Supporter
Thanks Bob! I feel lucky to be in these places.
Isn’t it something when you get off the beaten path..? We have some pretty cool places in Washington. There is a lot of land out there!

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
I spent 45 years in WA and I feel the same way...there are some really cool places. I feel like Isaw everything that I wanted to see and got pretty intimate with my favorite spots. Now that I’m in ID, I‘m starting that whole process over…but with 5x’s the area. It’s truly incredible how much access we have over here. If you just look at the Panhandle on OnX and turn on all the filters for access, you quickly realize that about 90% of the land mass is accessible to the hunter.