What are you listening to?

castsN2trees

The fish are calling...
Forum Supporter

This is the Avett Brothers, before they were the Avett Brothers. Not nearly as polished as their later music, but you can definitely understand feel the punk/rock influence that they later combined with folksy music, and their dads influence (bluegrass musician). This whole album is raw, unlike most of the post-Rick Ruben music…. And horribly unpopular… my favorite thing about this is that it only has 584 views and it was posted 7yrs ago…..
Their earlier band Nemo 1934 was even more raw, but in 20yrs of searching, I have never been able to find a copy of their album…supposedly they sold it out of the trunk of their car and it was an extremely limited run…

In 2008, the Avett Brothers sang on their dads album. I saw Jim Avett sing once at a church pig-pickin in Concord NC

Live Avett Brothers shows in the early 2000’s in small, obscure venues were insane… the energy in this little rooms is hard to duplicate… I’ve seen them break strings on multiple instruments during the opening song, and the crowd atmosphere was like a strange combination of a family reunion and a mosh pit… in 2005, I saw them play 3 shows in one weekend… in Columbus, Dayton, and Akron… I’ve been to 20 Avett Brothers concerts but nothing compares to the concerts in the early 2000’s

But as cool as the high energy shows were, the Avett Brothers best work has always been their slower songs…

And if you’ve never heard them cover John Denver, this one gives all the feels… makes me miss NC…

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter

This is the Avett Brothers, before they were the Avett Brothers. Not nearly as polished as their later music, but you can definitely understand feel the punk/rock influence that they later combined with folksy music, and their dads influence (bluegrass musician). This whole album is raw, unlike most of the post-Rick Ruben music…. And horribly unpopular… my favorite thing about this is that it only has 584 views and it was posted 7yrs ago…..
Their earlier band Nemo 1934 was even more raw, but in 20yrs of searching, I have never been able to find a copy of their album…supposedly they sold it out of the trunk of their car and it was an extremely limited run…

In 2008, the Avett Brothers sang on their dads album. I saw Jim Avett sing once at a church pig-pickin in Concord NC

Live Avett Brothers shows in the early 2000’s in small, obscure venues were insane… the energy in this little rooms is hard to duplicate… I’ve seen them break strings on multiple instruments during the opening song, and the crowd atmosphere was like a strange combination of a family reunion and a mosh pit… in 2005, I saw them play 3 shows in one weekend… in Columbus, Dayton, and Akron… I’ve been to 20 Avett Brothers concerts but nothing compares to the concerts in the early 2000’s

But as cool as the high energy shows were, the Avett Brothers best work has always been their slower songs…

And if you’ve never heard them cover John Denver, this one gives all the feels… makes me miss NC…

I have looked for Nemo too but not fervishly. The question is which Nemo. I liked the Memo that played in Portland Oregon in the late 80’s, then poof! The is a French progressive band named Nemo from releases in the late 80’s that i remember holding a used copy in my hand and not buying. From sheer collectability I should have

Last edited:

castsN2trees

The fish are calling...
Forum Supporter
I have looked for Nemo too but not fervishly. The question is which Nemo. I liked the Memo that played in Portland Oregon in the late 80’s, then poof! The is a French progressive band named Nemo from releases in the late 80’s that i remember holding a used copy in my hand and not buying. From sheer collectability I should have
Only goes to prove that finding Nemo is very difficult…. Someone should make a movie about it…