What are you listening to?

Otter

Steelhead
This was during the 2020 lockdown in Italy.
There’s just something about the sax that captivates me. This is pretty good, but I’m still waiting to hear a sax player who equals an “unknown” (?) Black street musician who my girlfriend and I heard in San Fransisco in 1976. If anyone knows who that might have been, it would be great to know.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
My daughter takes her two kids (ages 5 and 3) to Home Depot the first Saturday of every month for HD's kids workshop, great fun for the kids and they get to build some pretty cool stuff. Today was a mini wooden pinball machine. That got me to thiniking:

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
RIP, Gary Rossington....

I've heard this song a hundred times, and it just struck me today how this song sounds less like Southern rock and more like grunge (10-15 years before that was a genre), especially the tempo. I could easily imagine a Pearl Jam version.....

RIP, Gary. Love me some Skynyrd.

Good point! The drums are already a grunge beat; it's got that "dunh-CHOCK" of kick-snare at mid-measure ("between the 2 and 3") that all good grunge songs have. Imagine a cover by Temple of the Dog; that would've been good.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Read about it this morning. He cheated death once, he got an extra 46 years, lucky man, though the survivors guilt couldn't have been easy. RIP MR Rossington.

I've been listening to some old Wayne Shorter since hearing of his passing a couple days ago. I first came to appreciate him from his playing with Miles Davis, and especially with Weather Report, but I think my favorite Wayne Shorter album was "Native Dancer." It introduced me to Milton Nascimento and that led me into the wonderful world of Brazilian jazz, Samba, Bossa Nova, and much, much more.