What Are You Eating?

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
We had some leftover rockfish we fried up. Today i boiled up some potatoes , minced some parsley(a lot) celery leaves minced salt pepper a couple eggs seasoned bread crumbs I cut a leek up lengthwise and minced it to cook with the potato chunks and seasoned water drain- food processor made a dozen or so fried cakes - good with a seasoned sour creme and hot pepper sauce secret sauce… experimenting

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
1. No…

2. 10 mins per inch of thickness…steam with slivered ginger & garlic…then plate, add sliced green onion and cilantro…heat a Tbsp of peanut oil to smoking hot, pour over fish…sprinkle some soy sauce on fish last.

3. Water…if I was poaching the fish in the liquid, then I would use stock, white wine and herbs…

mark wlker

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I do all my black cod or Chilean Sea Bass with this recipe.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I do all my black cod or Chilean Sea Bass with this recipe.
Yup…it’s a common dish in Hawaii…miso marinated butterfish (black cod as it’s called in Hawaii)…it also is done frequently with salmon

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
BBBFE7BB-F65B-4FFA-A736-D1171B0F1D88.jpegFA38CB9D-5E58-4269-8103-09A79FA85C2B.jpeg181BAB21-FE46-489A-8D53-C65E0555C0A1.jpeg
“Farmer’s chicken,” stewed with olives and raisins and wine and whatnot, from NYTimes. Green beans roasted with colatura...I ordered some when @O’ clarkii stomias mentioned it. I had never heard of it, but Italian version of fish sauce? Sign me up. Good stuff.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
No protein?
1 small demerit for using the EZ-whip and not drawing a picture with it. ;)
Good luck with the job!
Matt - That was only the second time I've used the pan - cast iron, eh - our daughter sent it to us just yesterday. There's an egg in the buttermilk batter. ;-)