What Are You Eating?

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
View attachment 56694
Howz this for normal…putting in a pork shoulder into the oven for pulled pork…collards & grits to follow…
I really have no use for the word normal, especially when used about food.
My sister uses it...as in what 'normal people' do.
Normal is about being boring, conformist, unchallenged and frankly about fear of the unknown or different.
Either that, or I'm not normal, which of course I take as a compliment.
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Got a Pork Ragu in the oven, pork shoulder on sale...out of shoulder from our pig, turned most of it into sausage.
Winter food still on tap here, got 3-4" of snow this morning, so it was a Jeep day.
:)

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I really have no use for the word normal, especially when used about food.
My sister uses it...as in what 'normal people' do.
Normal is about being boring, conformist, unchallenged and frankly about fear of the unknown or different.
Either that, or I'm not normal, which of course I take as a compliment.
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Got a Pork Ragu in the oven, pork shoulder on sale...out of shoulder from our pig, turned most of it into sausage.
Winter food still on tap here, got 3-4" of snow this morning, so it was a Jeep day.
:)
Don’t get me started on jeeps…

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Pork shoulder question-
How do you handle all of that fat?
Trim it off?
Separate after cooking?
Eat it?
Curious mind wants to know

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Not inherently it isn't. It's kinda' what you make it. Normal can be familiar, comforting, and also challenging. Say, you ever tried "extreme" steelheading?

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Pork shoulder question-
Trim it off?
Separate after cooking?
Eat it?
Depends…pork fat on a shoulder keeps the meat tender while cooking. I start at high heat 425 to crisp the fat a bit, then drop to 300 for another 3.5 hours until the should falls apart…if there is excessive fat, you can spoon some off

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Don’t get me started on jeeps…
I started my day replacing the wiper motor and linkage assembly, went out earlier in the week during Mondays snow, while my better half was on her way to work, after I had tested them and made sure they worked over the weekend...they were fine Sunday, and so that was the start to my week. Evidently I can't tell when wipers work, who knew ?
;)
That was after I replaced the starter about 4 weeks ago...6 months after a complete brake system replacement, from master cylinder to shoes, all lines...everything rusted and shot.

Mossback

Forum Supporter
I cut off all exterior fat, and sort of dig around a bit on the big chunks to lessen the overall fat a bit.
Fat is flavor, so I don't remove too much, just enough to keep things peaceful...
;)

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I started my day replacing the wiper motor and linkage assembly, went out earlier in the week during Mondays snow, while my better half was on her way to work, after I had tested them and made sure they worked over the weekend...they were fine Sunday, and so that was the start to my week. Evidently I can't tell when wipers work, who knew ?
;)
That was after I replaced the starter about 4 weeks ago...6 months after a complete brake system replacement, from master cylinder to shoes, all lines...everything rusted and shot.
Just Eat Every Penny…JEEP

Mossback

Forum Supporter
No sh!t...
It is handy as we have enough snow events here to make it worth having...
I think, or that's what I tell myself anyways.
:ROFLMAO:
Good winter steelhead rig also.

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Pork shoulder question-
Trim it off?
Separate after cooking?
Eat it?
I make a candied pork shoulder and the fat definitely stays on (and on top). But if, after 6 hours at 350, there is still a thick slab/pillow of fat I'll break into it with the basting spoon and then most of it runs off to the bottom of the pan, leaving crackling goodness on top.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
View attachment 56656View attachment 56655
I <3 salty breakfast. BEC + A. Mayo and hot sauce (Aardvark) of course.
Now my friend’s coming over and we are going to tear down a shed in the rain.
Rain let up. Shed was a beeyotch but we got it out and to the dump. Must‘ve been a sale on nails when the guy built it; he used a lot. I stepped on a nail. Then in order to borrow my friend’s trailer we had to move a pallet of sakrete that was in it. Pushing the empty wheelbarrow at a good clip, I ran into a brick which stopped the barrow dead, and I basically stabbed myself with a wheelbarrow handle in the hip/crotch zone. BECA gave me the power to rally and get the job done.
Then I took the family to the Sounders match and they won. I’m enjoying putting that impaled foot up and sipping a glass of Weller green label.