What’s your favorite 2wt Trout Spey?

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I actually bought a few different weight lines for the 4wt, including some up in the 320 and higher grain weights. This is not a stiff & fast rod, and I found no benefit to over loading it. I think the sweet spot is 270 to 300, imo.
It will probably handle the 330 Skagit, some guys like a deeper load. But I’d think it might bog down once you add a 50 to 100 grain tip.

Last edited:

skyrise

Steelhead
I use a 330 scout on my echo 4wt. Works fine. Also a OPST 300 commando. Want to get an 330 integrated line this year.

Skol_Engh

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Hey, Peter - how's it going? Any decisions on what you're going to hang off the rod? Any plans to head to the Upper C this year? Be well!!
Hey Pat, I'm doing well, how about you? I'm looking forward to fishing season as it's too cold to fish in the Gunnison Valley at the moment. I don't have a 2wt spey yet so the question was more just a theoretical one. I figure a light reel on a light spey could be pretty nice though. No plans in the works for the Upper C yet but now that you mention it, I might have to start the momentum for a fall trip!