We've Survived One Year! The Official Celebration Thread

skyrise

Steelhead
Many Thanks as well from a dyed in the wool low brow simple guy. Love the gear chuckers forum that reminds me not to get so high and mighty just cause I fish bigs most of the time.
Cheers !

klickrolf

Freshly Spawned
Well, here's a little unwanted info. I was a longtime member of WFF. I never rec'd an invite to this site and I'm pretty sure Evan didn't want me. I'm proud to be a prick and always will be, i.e. BS is bullshit, I'll always say what I think regardless of what others think. I hope Evan will allow my input, guess I'll wait and see.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Well, here's a little unwanted info. I was a longtime member of WFF. I never rec'd an invite to this site and I'm pretty sure Evan didn't want me. I'm proud to be a prick and always will be, i.e. BS is bullshit, I'll always say what I think regardless of what others think. I hope Evan will allow my input, guess I'll wait and see.

Not sure how many of the 1,326 members actually received an "invite", it was mostly (completely?) "word of mouth". A friend told me about it on the first day and I joined, I told a couple of friends and they ultimately joined. Not sure what that says ....

Good to have you aboard.

cheers

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Not off to a good start, but you're welcome to stick around. I didn't invite much of anyone here. Not sure what it has to do with me. I built the place, people came. We sent out a couple invites to a few folks who snowballed and invited everyone else. We certainly didn't invite even a fraction of the people who are here now.

Our 1 main rule here is "don't be a jerk." You say in your post that's not how you are. But everyone is welcome until that rule is broken.

Last edited:

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I never rec'd an invite to this site
It's not a quinceanera, man. We don't have an address book. Nobody wearing party dresses.

I'm proud to be a prick and always will be, i.e. BS is bullshit, I'll always say what I think regardless of what others think.
You do you, friend. We all have our own ways to live a life. Just don't be a prick to other people here or you'll get shown the door. There are more than enough places on this earth to do that, but this ain't one of them. Take it to Twitter or FB or your local corner bar.

Probably worth reading this thread if politics/culture-wars are one of the things that you enjoy debating:

Not every site on the internet has to be everything to everyone and we don't try to be. We just try to be a cool place where people feel welcome and can talk about fishing, the outdoors, and life without the crap that rains down on us everywhere else. If that's not what you (or anyone) is looking for, no worries. It's a big internet. I promise you there is somewhere that suits you better.

Otherwise, post up some fishing content. Trips reports have been awesome on this site and I'm really looking forward to year two of them.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
The “button” is good… 😉

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Today at 12:18 AM....
Posting after midnight always ends well...

popcorn gif.gif

Never post after midnight.
:)

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I wore the Washington Fly Fishing hat intermittently for several years, and maybe got one comment from a like minded angler. Now I wear the PNW Fly Fishing hat (obviously) and get comments almost weekly, “Love your hat! I fish Puget Sound often”, or most recently “…, I grew up fishing in Montana”. And so we talk about Puget Sound, or Montana, etc. Not sure what that says or means except that you’re touching a lot of people. At least the hat is friendly.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I am offended that I did not get a proper invite to this site during its creation. DanielOcean mad too.