Wanna Up Your Chironomid Game................?

Ron McNeal

Sound, Light, and Frequency...............
Forum Supporter
The Puget Sound Fly-Fishers will host Jerry Buron this Thursday night at Tacoma’s Tower Lanes. Meeting starts at 6:00. Dinner, if you choose, is at 6:30 ($15.00). Jerry's program will start at 7:15. For those unaware, Jerry lives in Marysville, is a member of the Evergreen Fly Fishing Club, and a regular at Widby’s Lone Lake and B.C.’s Dragon Lake……..among many others. Jerry’s written what I’d call the Bible of fishing chironomids……
F52D09B6-CE66-4FEB-BCDA-7B961E12007B_1_201_a.jpeg

It’s just plain jam-packed full of information that will definitely improve your lake fishing. I personally guarantee it ;). For those unaware of Jerry’s book, here’s a great chance to buy one and hear and meet the man himself. Please PM me if you have questions. Hope to see & meet some of you there.

Last edited:

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I bought Jerry's book a year ago or so, tied up some of his red on black midges with the Fl. orange wing buds wrapped up onto a white bead and caught some very nice trout at the local Glacial Lake Missoula former waterfall lake ;-)

Oh yeah, he drills out his bobber pegs. Iracator and I do as well.

I bought Jerrys book over a year ago as well and also he came and spoke to a club I am a member of... NW Fly Anglers and it was a great presentation. He is a good speaker and his book is a great investment for all the info that is there. Good guy.

Ron McNeal

Forum Supporter
Well, Jerry came, Jerry spoke (gave a really well-prepared talk), and we all learned a bunch. Those attending (and those who have heard him speak recently) learned about a new, more effective way to tie chronies. IMHO this single revelation alone made the evening a big success. Thanks a million Jerry. 👏👏

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Well, Jerry came, Jerry spoke (gave a really well-prepared talk), and we all learned a bunch. Those attending (and those who have heard him speak recently) learned about a new, more effective way to tie chronies. IMHO this single revelation alone made the evening a big success. Thanks a million Jerry. 👏👏

Hi Ron, I wish I could have attended the presentation but have had some stuff going on.
Is the book only available in a few WA & BC fly shops?
Is he planning to put out any videos?

Ron McNeal

Forum Supporter
Hi Ron, I wish I could have attended the presentation but have had some stuff going on.
Is the book only available in a few WA & BC fly shops?
Is he planning to put out any videos?
I think Jerry's book is available at Avid Angler. He didn't mention making any videos. He did make a point of saying he would not "do" another book.
He still has 1/4 of this one and only.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Those attending (and those who have heard him speak recently) learned about a new, more effective way to tie chronies. IMHO this single revelation alone made the evening a big success.
New, more effective? Not covered in his book? Pray tell.