The rest of the story

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
After finally arriving and a decent visit to the lake, the next day I headed to get some cutties as I mentioned. The morning started okay with light winds but favorite spots weren’t producing, at all. I decided to head to the north shore where it’s always done well. I put my trolling motor down and headed to the north shore. Halfway there the wind from hell kicked up and I had waves splashing over the bow. Damn! Once I got there the wind would rise and fall, but still no fish. After too long I tired of the struggle and let the wind blow me back to the take out. I loaded up and headed home.

The next day I tried Aeneas, what a shocker! The lake is down almost 5 feet. You can walk around it now. The inflow piping is all messed up. At least the fish are still there…

155B0D25-2AB5-4776-AA60-7F357F56484D.jpegC3DC9751-8C22-44C5-ACF5-CEC660D204EC.jpeg
FDE24C4C-94E6-41F1-BB0D-C4DB8C70FA7F.jpeg

But once again the wind came up and luckily it pushed me to the takeout. Tired of getting beat up in the valley I headed to a high lake in the forest. It fished well in the spring despite being stocked with bows. It’s always been a brookie lake. I think the bows are Kamloops as they rocket out of the water when hooked. Well, they got bigger and are even more entertaining. After a half dozen LDR’s I finally got one to the net. I moved to a spot that was always good for brookies and found several nice fish in fall colors. As I was taking out some smaller red dragonflies started a mating fest. The fish figured this out and started launching on the low fliers. That a quick finish to an afternoon fling. I had nothing to imitate them so I just watched the fish having fun. A couple of so-so days turned around at last and a cold one in the tavern sealed the deal.

DF15F67F-7434-4E9F-A3E2-82476F168966.jpeg84E4D8E1-1410-4697-98A1-B29313EC426A.jpegCF8F8603-8C3A-4F7F-A561-64A3F6764593.jpegEBC4C925-CB1E-4456-8698-2C6929117699.jpeg

Attachments

• D7966E99-C6B6-429B-9C0B-8AF30C20231A.jpeg
    D7966E99-C6B6-429B-9C0B-8AF30C20231A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
After finally arriving and a decent visit to the lake, the next day I headed to get some cutties as I mentioned. The morning started okay with light winds but favorite spots weren’t producing, at all. I decided to head to the north shore where it’s always done well. I put my trolling motor down and headed to the north shore. Halfway there the wind from hell kicked up and I had waves splashing over the bow. Damn! Once I got there the wind would rise and fall, but still no fish. After too long I tired of the struggle and let the wind blow me back to the take out. I loaded up and headed home.

The next day I tried Aeneas, what a shocker! The lake is down almost 5 feet. You can walk around it now. The inflow piping is all messed up. At least the fish are still there…

View attachment 33801View attachment 33802
View attachment 33803

But once again the wind came up and luckily it pushed me to the takeout. Tired of getting beat up in the valley I headed to a high lake in the forest. It fished well in the spring despite being stocked with bows. It’s always been a brookie lake. I think the bows are Kamloops as they rocket out of the water when hooked. Well, they got bigger and are even more entertaining. After a half dozen LDR’s I finally got one to the net. I moved to a spot that was always good for brookies and found several nice fish in fall colors. As I was taking out some smaller red dragonflies started a mating fest. The fish figured this out and started launching on the low fliers. That a quick finish to an afternoon fling. I had nothing to imitate them so I just watched the fish having fun. A couple of so-so days turned around at last and a cold one in the tavern sealed the deal.

View attachment 33820View attachment 33821View attachment 33822View attachment 33824
way back when I was a practicing hippie (1968) I lived in a tent on Frosty creek @ 4000 feet and used Aeneas lake as my bathtub... caught trouts in the San Poil..

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Sounds like the day ended with so much awesomeness that it had to be washed down with a fresh beer. 🤙🏼🍺

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Looking at the fuzzy background in the bar picture made me feel like I had 'a few' too. :ROFLMAO:
Nice report!!!