The Lost Salmon -- PBS documentary on Spring Chinook

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Anyone else catch this new documentary by Shane Anderson? I watched it with my kids last night. They almost made it through to the end before they started jumping on me and going nuts! It was pretty interesting I thought, especially some of the genetics information about how the same gene controls migration timing in both Chinook and steelhead, and how when spring and fall Chinook interbreed it can result in an intermediate-timed summer run form.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I saw a video of the PBS interview with Shane Anderson, but not his actual film on the subject.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I saw a video of the PBS interview with Shane Anderson, but not his actual film on the subject.
If anyone sees a way to view it, please post it up because I think it’s worth watching. In addition to discussing Columbia River springers it talked about Chehalis, Nooksack, Klamath and others.

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If anyone sees a way to view it, please post it up because I think it’s worth watching. In addition to discussing Columbia River springers it talked about Chehalis, Nooksack, Klamath and others.
It releases in a few days. Hopefully there will be a way to buy/rent/stream it.

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
In addition to being a great filmmaker, Shane was/is a phenomenal skier at the cutting edge of the "newschool" movement ~25 years ago.