The "How was your weekend?" thread...

BCO

Steelhead
Very close! Did you ever learn what his heritage is? I'm still waiting on DNA results. I think mine is mostly Jack Russell with some chihuahua.
Very close! Did you ever learn what his heritage is? I'm still waiting on DNA results. I think mine is mostly Jack Russell with some chihuahua.
I was going ask you the same question. We got her second hand at PetSmart. Our vet guessed chihuahua and maybe rat terrier. Her primary activity is warming laps and chasing leafs. Let me know when you get
Emits linage.

Attachments

• 869998D4-AC9D-47D4-9287-CC678B8224A8.jpeg
    869998D4-AC9D-47D4-9287-CC678B8224A8.jpeg
    449.9 KB · Views: 7

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I was going ask you the same question. We got her second hand at PetSmart. Our vet guessed chihuahua and maybe rat terrier. Her primary activity is warming laps and chasing leafs. Let me know when you get
Emits linage.
I'll have results likely next week. They definitely look very similar.

My guess is that you went to an adoption day at PetSmart where they had rescue dogs. Emet was also a rescue dog, but I found him online on one of the rescue organization websites and picked him up from a foster home in Spanaway. He was previously the pet of an old woman in Guadalajara Mexico who had 5 other dogs. She got too old to take care of them and one of the rescue orgs there shipped him up here. There's so many dogs down there that there's less than zero chance of adoptions happening, so the good ones get brought up primarily to the PNW for adoption.

1679015475652.png
1679015650901.png

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Scrubed in some new tires. Who rides ?
I didn't ride road much, but rode off-road for quite a few years. Did the NMA enduro series a couple years. I finally sold my old reliable 2003 KTM 300 EXC winter of 18/19 since I just wasn't riding much anymore and used the funds to buy a raft.
I still have a nice hard-tail mtn bike, but I do miss riding the dirt bike.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Had a great weekend...

Dawn patrol at the climbing gym on Sat morning and scouted some fishing ponds in that glorious afternoon sunshine (no fish yet though, need a few more sunny days). Then the kids actually were gone for the first time in forever Sat night, so the wife and I got some time to ourselves to eat takeout and watch something enjoyably stupid on the TV.

Then I had a lazy morning Sunday baking bread. Got out for a bike ride and canned some pickled carrots that evening.

Good stuff.

4FE3EC16-9204-40BE-AF9A-8B32C1EEAF84.jpeg

Last edited:

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Emits linage.
Here's the results!

emet5.png
index.php

Hem

Life of the Party
Been a tough winter for fishing.
Weather/ temps have been difficult, lots of river ice. I was hoping to have some " flexible" time this winter but ended up framing on a custom which kept me busier than planned.
Haven't fished since the first week of January.
Getting cranky after four months without much fun. My wife advised me this morning to go fish.
Gusts of 40mph on the river. Stuck with it for 3 hours. Only one to the net, but a great rainbow. Hoping this breaks the winter funk.20230401_125237.jpg

dep

Steelhead
Been a tough winter for fishing.
Weather/ temps have been difficult, lots of river ice. I was hoping to have some " flexible" time this winter but ended up framing on a custom which kept me busier than planned.
Haven't fished since the first week of January.
Getting cranky after four months without much fun. My wife advised me this morning to go fish.
Gusts of 40mph on the river. Stuck with it for 3 hours. Only one to the net, but a great rainbow. Hoping this breaks the winter funk.View attachment 60082
nice way to start the season. nice job getting out

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
The local river is blown and Tuesday I’m headed back to the Frank Church for a week of bear hunting so this weekend was hanging with my wife😀. One of the dudes I coach with is a rodeo guy and he invited us out to ride. I used to ride a bit in my teens but that was a long time ago. The world is a better place when viewed between the ears of a good horse. 8D86764A-2A10-4553-B8A8-90FB68491D26.jpeg

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Worked on some trailer/boat projects, installed a light hitch on the back of the Prius (for a bike rack), caught a few bluegill, and watched (TV) the Kraken win a playoff series. Really enjoyed the nice weather around here Fri and Sat.