The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
That Ragnar that starts in Blaine looks like a fun one. I just doubt I could pull together a team to do it, especially with the timing (a month before Hood to Coast). The logistics of getting vans and all that together is stressful. I may still try though.
That’s the one I’ve been working at
Lots of fun

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Two weekends plus a few days...

We road tripped down the Oregon/California coast visiting old friends along the way. A rare, self imposed "No Fishing Allowed" on this trip! A bit of a change for me but it was a good move, and my wife and I really enjoyed it for a change of pace!

North Jetty Columbia River/Cape Disappointment Fog and drizzle;

1662139232947.png

The beautiful Mendocino coastline after the fog burned off;

1662137284488.png

The reservoirs down there are getting pretty low and conserving water down there is the word...
We booked it back home on I-5 in 100 degree heat through some heavy, eye watering wildfire smoke in northern CA and southern OR.

This is Lake (pond?) Shasta (please excuse the graffiti, we took the photo at freeway speed) ;

1662137900428.png

It was a fun trip but I'm happy to be home close to my gear and ready for some Fall fishing.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Football Saturday.

22b5df41-b67f-4b12-b253-a57649dc2ee6-220903_OregonvsGeorgia_1667.JPG

Fishing Sunday

DSC_2551.jpg

Hiking today

DSC_2554.jpg

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Stuck around home for a change and did not go fishing. Being retired, I don’t have to fight the holiday crowds. Finished some projects around the house, including the new flagpole installation. Starting to prepare for a five day float on the lower Deschutes next week with my brother-in-law. Between a fire on the lower river and COVID, we have missed the last three years. Really looking forward to it!

8B2B8753-C865-46B0-AFAF-2E884ED1D8C1.jpeg

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nice Evan! I also see some good looking smoked salmon on the table. Gathering like that are what it’s all about!

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Nice Evan! I also see some good looking smoked salmon on the table. Gathering like that are what it’s all about!
Not smoked actually, but it does look it! It's marinated in a sauce I whipped up then broiled for a couple minutes.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Unlike Evan, I got blanked on my carp expedition, but I did get to put in some miles in beautiful country

01DB1972-48A7-4D61-AE9E-770C0DC398E4.jpeg

Xoxo

Stuck around home for a change and did not go fishing. Being retired, I don’t have to fight the holiday crowds. Finished some projects around the house, including the new flagpole installation. Starting to prepare for a five day float on the lower Deschutes next week with my brother-in-law. Between a fire on the lower river and COVID, we have missed the last three years. Really looking forward to it!

View attachment 30734
Such a pretty house!