The Fall in SW Montana thread

Friday got out with Salmo. It was perfect weather for fishing, low clouds, light winds, and scattered showers. Got our first baetis hatch of the season and streamer bite picked up late in the day. No hogs worthy of showing off but nice day out and Fall was definitely in the air.

DSC_2768.jpg

Today my wife and her brother joined. Water had a touch of color due to the rains the past few days in the park. Fishing was slow but weather was great.

DSC_2807.jpg

Been on a big fish drought. Hopefully we can get it done in the coming weeks.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
It is supposed to get to 73 today here in Butte. Last year it was snowing here at this time of the year. And the sun is shinning brightly.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
I recently introduced my brother-in-law to fly fishing. He's really digging it and we got him out again today. This weather is just ridiculous..

DSC_3024.jpg

What a view.

DSC_3038.jpg

I stuck my first one of the Fall on an articulated sculpin pattern. My only fish of the day.

FullSizeRender_iqfcXqdZoABJXeHzKDwhCy.jpg

This has been nice but I'm about ready for some cooler weather.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I recently introduced my brother-in-law to fly fishing. He's really digging it and we got him out again today. This weather is just ridiculous..

DSC_3024.jpg

What a view.

DSC_3038.jpg

I stuck my first one of the Fall on an articulated sculpin pattern. My only fish of the day.

FullSizeRender_iqfcXqdZoABJXeHzKDwhCy.jpg

This has been nice but I'm about ready for some cooler weather.
What beautiful country - and that brown: Wow!!