Table Scrap Challenge

Scudley Do Right

Life of the Party
I find random material builds up on my tying table. Every once and a while I tie a fly using the crap on my desk. I thought I would challenge people like me to make something with the scraps on their desk and post it here. Tonight I made a squid type thing. I found a piece of crystal flash, short piece of silver wire, black and pink hackle, pink marabou and hook on my desk. I got the bead and body braid out of the drawer. The messier you are the more of an advantage you have.
IMG_20230322_210536467_HDR.jpg

WWKimba

Smolt
I usually get a bottle of wine, relax, and just grab something and see how things go together! I find the best outcomes are when I'm not wearing my glasses!

Kim

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
I use the soft stuff leftover on the lower shaft from pheasant rump feathers to make micro leeches. Clamp a chip clip onto the fluff, trim off the shaft, transfer to a dubbing loop and wrap on for a messy, buggy leech. Maybe add whatever stray flash strand is stuck to my sweatshirt...
20230417_152009.jpg
Also make even smaller ones using the aftershafts stuck directly into a loop, stem & all