Still gets me excited

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I may be 60, but I still get excited about early season lake fishing. 20230301_icefree.jpg
The brown chan's maribou micro leech was good. Never did rig the sink tip.
20230301_brcmml.jpg
Just cookie cutter stockers for the most part, but I enjoyed playing with a few dozen spunky fish this morning.
20230301_trout.jpg

Last edited:

Wanative

Spawned out Chum
Forum Supporter
I may be 60, but I still get excited about a early season lake fishing. View attachment 56370
The brown chan's maribou micro leech was good. Never did rig the sink tip.
View attachment 56371
Just cookie cutter stockers for the most part, but I enjoyed playing with a few dozen spunky fish this morning.
View attachment 56372
Even after 60 years of fishing I still get wound up the night before I go fishing.
Hard to go to sleep, wake up before I have to.

Being as I'm an old guy, I always set two alarms. My cell phone (that I don't trust) and my trusty bedside alarm clock as a backup. Those plug in alarm clocks (even the ones that are decades old) are quite remarkably reliable. I trust my 1990's alarm clock more than I trust my i phone... For some reason that makes me smile.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
I am about one year into trying to figure out this lake thing and I am getting more excited every day. Even though I have not stopped fishing lakes all year. I love SRC fishing and chum fry are getting me fired up too but I have a whole slew of lakes I am excited to try this spring. Trout, bass, musky, whatever.

I am headed out for my end of winter warm vacation soon and when I get back there are so many options out there to consider. Hate on WA all you want but I’ve lived in states without a tenth of the fishing opportunity this state offers us.

I need to retire. Or fish for a living. Or retire and fish for a living.

I set an alarm just in case but don’t need it pretty much any night before a day of fishing. The closest thing to Christmas Eve I have as an adult!

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Let me just say that you definitely don't need your Miracle Ear to know if he's somewhere on the lake. 😂
I heard the guys talking at Lenice opener last year. "Wish Ira was here to liven it up a bit." I ask "So he gets a little exited, huh?" I can't remember who it was, but they said "you have no idea." :ROFLMAO:

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I heard the guys talking at Lenice opener last year. "Wish Ira was here to liven it up a bit." I ask "So he gets a little exited, huh?" I can't remember who it was, but they said "you have no idea." :ROFLMAO:
Which doesn’t sit well with everyone, and I own that, but it is hard to suppress my emotions when I know that I’m about to crush the smallest fish landed in my group that day!