Starlink

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Update -

Trying Starlink for the first time this weekend in the camper and it is everything I've been looking for and then some. Super easy set up compared to the old system, not affected at all by winds, average speeds of 75-88 mbps, 14 upload, and 59 ms latency, wi-fi calling is crystal clear, no lag in streaming even multiple devices are online.

I will say last night at peak usage around 5 pm speeds slowed down to around 30 mbps. Still plenty fast though.

Yeah, this is legit.

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
Installed 7/17/2022. Pitched Dish Network stuff 7/22. Streaming since. No real problems, streaming a ‘cableish’ service to get local channels and regional sports. $60/month cheaper, superior internet service, can now stream, work, and zoom without falling off. I initially ordered 2/10/21.

I don’t know if its the answer, lots of 5G alternatives now, but its the answer for me for a while.

Divad

Whitefish
Installed 7/17/2022. Pitched Dish Network stuff 7/22. Streaming since. No real problems, streaming a ‘cableish’ service to get local channels and regional sports. $60/month cheaper, superior internet service, can now stream, work, and zoom without falling off. I initially ordered 2/10/21.

I don’t know if its the answer, lots of 5G alternatives now, but its the answer for me for a while.
It took 1.5yrs to get service to your area or house specifically?

Creatch’r

Potential Spam
Forum Supporter
Dude, I gotta see if this will work for me here at the house. We are too far out for “good” internet, it’s been a hassle. Downloading the app now to see what’s available

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Have had Starlink for about 6 months, maybe more. All was great until about a month back. Something happened to where it goes flat often many times during a day. No change in trees or leaves...something has been dialed back it seems. Still beta, however.

Quick check from the sticks here tonight.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 8.58.45 PM.png

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
I don't understand why you get delayed and why my unit was on my front porch three days after ordering.

Makes very little sense.

When you travel does that eliminate having internet at home while you are gone? Sounds to me like it does..