Spring Celebration of Flyfishing May 21st

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
On the Deschutes at Mecca Flats Campground. See the attached flier for details. This is a celebration of warmer weather and bigger bugs. There will be casting contests , Trout Spey, assorted demos and giveaways. No fees, just a fun informal gathering.

Attachments

• SpringCelebrationFlyFishing042922.pdf
    224.6 KB · Views: 46

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
On the Deschutes at Mecca Flats Campground. See the attached flier for details. This is a celebration of warmer weather and bigger bugs. There will be casting contests , Trout Spey, assorted demos and giveaways. No fees, just a fun informal gathering.
Attached flier?

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
It should be fun. A TFO rod of the winners choice will be the prize for the casting contest. There should be some cool Salmon Fly related ties (including one with the beguiling name of "Cat Puke") around for tying inspiration. There will also be presentations on various subjects - Trout Spey techniques (I'll likely be assisting with that one) and fishing sinking lines on rivers (Jim Teeny) are the two topics right now. I'm understanding there will be more in place by the 21st.

Mecca Flats Campground is a beautiful place to hang out, with lots of fishable water along the trail downstream- hoping to see some of the PNWFlyfishing folks there!

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
Waiting to hear . . . I had family medical issues and had to stay home. But the event went on. Sounds like quite a few participated, prizes were awarded, and fish were caught. The weather cooperated and the winds weren't too bad. I should get more details any minute now. :)