Spinner Blades on Flies?

Cowlitz Bottomfeeder

Life of the Party
@Cowlitz Bottomfeeder posted a good looking one. Maybe he can help. Post #613
I’ve tied the same sort of stuff that Norm did but never had useful results on anything but the pistol petes and the pistol pete buggers.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
... but, is it still fly fishing? I wasn't being critical, just asking (somewhat tongue in cheek) where folks draw the line between the two.

Caught a whole lot of bass spin fishing (w/Mitchell 300 and a glass St. Croix flyrod) on a good old Wardens Rooster Tail in the late '60's BTW. Worked rather well.
first fishing as a youngster was on the Russian River for smallmouth with a Mitchell 300, glass rod and white Roostertail. Always caught a bunch wet wading in trunks and old Converse high tops.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
first fishing as a youngster was on the Russian River for smallmouth with a Mitchell 300, glass rod and white Roostertail. Always caught a bunch wet wading in trunks and old Converse high tops.
Those Converse high tops ruled back in the day!

We used to knock 'em dead with the dark colors, usually black. These were largemouths, and the occasional Crappie on a small local lake. No Muskies were in there though. We floated around on innertubes and used ping pond paddles as oars.

I think if it has a spinner, it's spin fishing. Not good or bad, it's how I see it though, and it's all just fishing in the end.