Speyapalooza

Kado

Steelhead
I was looking at Google maps....if the campground is full, is there parking along the neighborhood streets?

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Silly question, anyone know how the cell service is at the campground (or if it exists at all)? I'm supposed to work on Saturday, but could in theory work remotely if I had cell coverage.

flybill

Life of the Party
Silly question, anyone know how the cell service is at the campground (or if it exists at all)? I'm supposed to work on Saturday, but could in theory work remotely if I had cell coverage.
It should be okay, depending on who you have for a carrier.

BerkleeJay

Just Hatched
I was looking at Google maps....if the campground is full, is there parking along the neighborhood streets?
Howard Miller has additional parking near the restrooms, bald eagle interpretive center and boat launch. Parking is free as long you are inside the park boundaries. More parking can be found on adjacent streets as well!

Kado

Steelhead
Howard Miller has additional parking near the restrooms, bald eagle interpretive center and boat launch. Parking is free as long you are inside the park boundaries. More parking can be found on adjacent streets as well!
thanks for info!

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm pretty sure there is cell coverage at HM park with Verizon.

Tacovedo

B-Run Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Looking forward to meeting some of you today. I’m wearing a Family Lines hat. See you soon!!

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Work has kept me home, I'm afraid. Bummer. Have a great day everyone.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Sure was a wet morning! The river was in excellent shape and fishing really well. Too bad we can't use flies with hooks, ha ha.

Played around with some rods, some nice models from Echo and Winston. One interesting note is the Redington Dually, which in its first generation had a real floppy tip that made it junk, IMO. The current model doesn't have that flaw and is a real nice caster at a modest price. The Sage rods were, as per usual, mostly stiff a as a fireplace poker, so they have that niche well covered.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Sure was a wet morning! The river was in excellent shape and fishing really well. Too bad we can't use flies with hooks, ha ha.

Played around with some rods, some nice models from Echo and Winston. One interesting note is the Redington Dually, which in its first generation had a real floppy tip that made it junk, IMO. The current model doesn't have that flaw and is a real nice caster at a modest price. The Sage rods were, as per usual, mostly stiff a as a fireplace poker, so they have that niche well covered.
I didn't realize the Dually was in its 2nd generation ......was there cosmetic changes? how can one quickly identify the two generations?
Thanks.

kerrys

Ignored Member
Overall speyapalooza was a bit disappointing. Not many booths or product vendors showed up. The only booth that interested me was the Coastal Cutthroat folks but they are primarily a south sound org with nothing on the Skagit or north sound.

One of my main reasons to attend was to see old friends. Other than salmo_g and _ww_ there were only a couple of what I might call the ”old guard”. And even then I would say the attendance by younger fishermen was low.

flybill

Life of the Party
I had fun, just hung out with the OPST guys, David and James. Saw Ryan from Avid and Salmo, Ian and Kerry plus others. People thought I worked for OPST, which is fine. I cast a number of there rods and lines and may eventually pick up there trout spey! Beautiful rod and line combo!!

Last edited:

Ian Broadie

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I had fun yesterday, chatted with Bill, met a couple new friends, loved listening to the presentations, and cast rods I would like but don't need. All in all a great time, enough so that my ultra introverted self stayed until the end and got a little sunburn.