Spey Bros

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
What kind of spey bro am I if I don’t know anything about spey fishing but love reading the shit talk in these spicy spey threads?

Ah, shit. The answer is probably “future spey bro”…

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Spey bro is just another derogatory/ bigoted term for someone unlike the person describing them. It's not really worth even worrying about. Yuppie, spey bro, hick, cracker, etc. they are all pretty much the same. They are just pejorative monikers used by affected people.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Spey bro is just another derogatory/ bigoted term for someone unlike the person describing them. It's not really worth even worrying about. Yuppie, spey bro, hick, cracker, etc. they are all pretty much the same. They are just pejorative monikers used by affected people.

While I don't disagree that its not worth spending the energy, I would have a hard time lumping it into the category of bigotry/cracker-type name calling. I'd imagine this is all in good fun and 90% of the people commenting here can identify with at least one of the attributes. I sure can, and I've never even held a spey rod. For instance, I don't think anyone has been oppressed in any way for being a spey bro.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
You clearly don't get it.
It's not derogatory or bigoted.
It's not a pejorative.
Yuppie and hick are not even close to the same.
We are having some fun. Take a chill pill.

Sincerely, a spey Bro.

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
While I don't disagree that its not worth spending the energy, I would have a hard time lumping it into the category of bigotry/cracker-type name calling. I'd imagine this is all in good fun and 90% of the people commenting here can identify with at least one of the attributes. I sure can, and I've never even held a spey rod. For instance, I don't think anyone has been oppressed in any way for being a spey bro.
I am quite sure that no oppression has taken place. True.

I am unsure of the importance of that, but we are in agreement that it's probably not a scenario where any oppression has taken place.

Sorry to break up your Black Panther Party.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
You clearly don't get it.
It's not derogatory or bigoted.
It's not a pejorative.
Yuppie and hick are not even close to the same.
We are having some fun. Take a chill pill.

Sincerely, a spey Bro.
You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy in which the fly fishing sub-classes…

8C99F8E1-52D4-4342-B7C2-A75DB46F0AD7.jpeg

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
No one has actually addressed the most important part of being a Spey Bro. Yes, you have to ride the stoke, but you also have to SEND IT. Then, you're a proper Spey Bro.

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
No one has actually addressed the most important part of being a Spey Bro. Yes, you have to ride the stoke, but you also have to SEND IT. Then, you're a proper Spey Bro.
If you mean sliding down a slick as shit slab of basalt until your STLHD trucker hat floats off your melon as SENDING IT, then I am a SPEY BRO!