Sometimes they actually bite

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Finally got my 1st one at Tapps. Hell, 1st one this year! Been a road for sure. Tapps is only 28 minutes from my house versus 2 hours to Mayfield so I have been trying to figure it out. I think I have a couple spots where I MIGHT have half a clue about these funny critters. Maybe... They are goofy for sure.

I had actually put away one of my 11wts and started getting into steelhead & salmon mode when I decided a new fuel line for the boat should be properly tested. So, I got that 11wt geared back up. Also geared up the 8wt since I've seen some ginormous smallies. Neither of those rods came out today, but the "buddy" rod that...well, my buddy built for me got it done. The old Sage RPLX 1190 was broke-in proper on this musky that was just a touch under 32".
GOPR0055_1664831469509.jpg

Toothy critters
GOPR0055_1664831395952.jpg

I think the 11wts are being put away now. Haha! Time for switch & spey for the other dumb fish I try to catch. :giggle:

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Congrats!

Dapper

Freshly Spawned
Never tried musky fishing before . I don't think my worn out shoulder could cast a big rod and fly too long . Can they be caught just trolling from an inflatable pontoon boat ? That is a very nice musky you caught .

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Can they be caught just trolling from an inflatable pontoon boat ?
Yes. I'll often troll from spot to spot, or if I just want to take a short break from casting. For our tigers out here, basically a super slow troll (as fast as one can go with their fins) with the occasional twitch is highly effective. I especially utilized this quite a bit before getting my little sonar unit.