Skunked....but really, was I?

I had a really fulfilling day out at a semi-local ditch....

yeah, this doesn't suck.

s6wHgmd.jpg

found a monster!
i0jdMTr.jpg

my homie fishing off his SUP
MqOyp1f.jpg

The water was as high as I've ever seen it, hence the literal pounding of the banks...

but yeah, the weather didn't really suck too bad...
jj9Arj6.jpg

I fished a brace of never-before-fished flies and all three moved fish...granted, it was one fish each, but the one with the eyes really came into its own here. Great movement, excellent glide-bait-ish action, plus moved the largest and hottest fish of the day. Possibly could have changed things up if I would have see it sooner, but alas, I didn't see it until it was about 25' out. twitch twitch STRIP....rinse and repeat....sort of....then twitch.....twitch...."motherfucker!!!!" "eat it!!!!!"

bMYrBgf.jpg

god damn, what a fun day!!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
The nice thing was that all fish moved were in the XXL size class....I've gotta connect with the mothership this Fall.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
How’s the back?

doing better. It's actually not too bad sitting (and even casting), it's the standing for long periods that create the most discomfort. I didn't really push it either....just several hours casting flies that were easily castable.

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
Hell Clarkman, those flies moved me! Getting the right color/size/castability/motion from Muskie flies is an art. Looking forward to messing with that more next year. Thanks for the inspiration!

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
As always, a really great report!!

cheers

Last edited: