Skeena 2022?

D

Deleted member 1337

It is coming back down. Should be fishable again in 3 days.. River is on it's way down, but still +1.2 meters up from when I fished last weekend, currently.

D

Deleted member 1337

Two weeks elk hunting.

I believe that I can get back in, criminal that I am.

I need to test it out.
There’s paperwork you can do to get it expunged. It’s just a a simple process but it takes a few months.

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
There’s paperwork you can do to get it expunged. It’s just a a simple process but it takes a few months.
I appreciate the problem solving.

Not sure that is necessary. I believe that Canada has taken a little different perspective on my unfortunate incident in the time period that it occurred. My life is quite busy right now, so I have not had a chance to push it.

Expungement is not a sure thing by any means and lawyers can be expensive. It also may not be necessary. To some extent, I favor leaving my offense on my record as it did happen and one needs to be accountable for things that they do. On the other hand, if it turns out to be my best option, I will choose it.

I will be making a phone call or 2 soon. Skeena isn't happening this year unless I bugle in a bull early in my hunt and my friend does too. It could happen but it's unlikely.

D

Deleted member 1337

I appreciate the problem solving.

Not sure that is necessary. I believe that Canada has taken a little different perspective on my unfortunate incident in the time period that it occurred. My life is quite busy right now, so I have not had a chance to push it.

Expungement is not a sure thing by any means and lawyers can be expensive. It also may not be necessary. To some extent, I favor leaving my offense on my record as it did happen and one needs to be accountable for things that they do. On the other hand, if it turns out to be my best option, I will choose it.

I will be making a phone call or 2 soon. Skeena isn't happening this year unless I bugle in a bull early in my hunt and my friend does too. It could happen but it's unlikely.
Well that’s not the process. You apply to have Canada expunge it, not the US. All they care is that you have shown responsibility for X years since.

US expunge is vastly different

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Well that’s not the process. You apply to have Canada expunge it, not the US. All they care is that you have shown responsibility for X years since.

US expunge is vastly different
You say "expunged." I say "deemed rehabilitated."

I am well past the time req'd. In theory, I can potentially just cross, provided I have a border guard who is willing to sign.

Like I said, a couple calls need to be made. I'm glad the runs are trending up this year. I always worry about netting impacts on BC summers when there are large sockeye runs. I'm guessing all the commercials are restrained somehow by the Kings this year.

D

Deleted member 1337

You say "expunged." I say "deemed rehabilitated."

I am well past the time req'd. In theory, I can potentially just cross, provided I have a border guard who is willing to sign.

Like I said, a couple calls need to be made. I'm glad the runs are trending up this year. I always worry about netting impacts on BC summers when there are large sockeye runs. I'm guessing all the commercials are restrained somehow by the Kings this year.
Canada chose not to net this year in the interest of the runs

D

Deleted member 1337

Oh, you are so far beyond rehabilitable my friend. You just need to convince the CA authorities that you're no worse than any of the reprobates already living thefacto,
Lol, you can’t get in as a PR with gov employee skills….

So, not sure how to take that.

Those of us reprobates who are permanent residents with no records and who dump $30-40k into income taxes each year with our reprobate skillls deserve the title?

Shove your SOP virtue shaming right up your narrow urethra!

Last edited by a moderator:
Canada chose not to net this year in the interest of the runs
May be misunderstanding your statement, but DFO authorized numerous days of netting (gill net and seine) in the Skeena entry this year. About two solid weeks straight in late July and early August at the peak of steelhead migration window due to the sockeye run being a week or two late. They shut down all netting on August 7.

There were some new adjustments to soak times and net lengths to try and minimize bycatch for what it’s worth.

D

Deleted member 1337

May be misunderstanding your statement, but DFO authorized numerous days of netting (gill net and seine) in the Skeena entry this year. About two solid weeks straight in late July and early August at the peak of steelhead migration window due to the sockeye run being a week or two late. They shut down all netting on August 7.

There were some new adjustments to soak times and net lengths to try and minimize bycatch for what it’s worth.
Yes, they pulled all nets according to the CO I was checked by.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Lol, you can’t get in as a PR with gov employee skills….

So, not sure how to take that.

Those of us reprobates who are permanent residents with no records and who dump $30-40k into income taxes each year with our reprobate skillls deserve the title?

Shove your SOP virtue shaming right up your narrow urethra!
Are you about to get all butt hurt again?