Silencer Central Opinions

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Was kicking around on OnX today and got this pop up ad. I've never really thought that hard about a silencer because I've heard they're a pain in the ass to get (and pretty damn expensive). That said, $200 off is quite a reduction and got me thinking. Wondering if anyone has any experience with Silencer Central?

1679695309147.png

Brian in OR.

Steelhead
No experience personally but they get good reviews on the Banish 30 silencer and they are kinda of a one stop shopping they have all the forms etc available for buying etc. The first of the year they had a buy one get a 22 silencer free offer going on. Plan on getting one in the future and will probably buy from them.

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
No personal experience with them, but I do own a couple suppressors. I purchased at a local shop and went that route. They made it real easy. The hard part is the wait, my first can took 10 months, the second I E Filed and it took 5 weeks.

matchu865

Smolt
I waited like 280 days for my first silencer - a Surefire Socom 300 SPS. I really enjoy shooting a lot more with the suppressor on, but in hindsight I do wish I went with a lighter direct thread can first as my main use case is hunting and target shooting with bolt action rifles. I used silencer shop and had no issues apart from their 'certification' process taking about a week.

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
I waited like 280 days for my first silencer - a Surefire Socom 300 SPS. I really enjoy shooting a lot more with the suppressor on, but in hindsight I do wish I went with a lighter direct thread can first as my main use case is hunting and target shooting with bolt action rifles. I used silencer shop and had no issues apart from their 'certification' process taking about a week.

I hear ya. My first can was a Thunderbeast 30 cal titanium direct thread. my second is a Surefire Socom556 sbr2. I love the Thunderbeast for all hunting purposes and the Socom for my SBR and coyote hunting. That Socom is a tank!

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
curious - is the loss in velocity using a can on a hunting rifle enough to shorten effective range?

Divad

Whitefish
Silencer Central service can be hit or miss, I think they’re trying to do better. The Banish 30 (in the OnX deal) is steeply priced, sort of needs the $200 off to be realistic. At sub 800 it doesn’t feel so bad as a do all silencer, it does a lot of things just none of them perfectly.

My sparrow was $269 + stamp, which took about 4 months. I’d rather have 2 silencers of various calibers than the one Banish knowing at some point I’ll buy another and wish I had a better rimfire and pistol can.

Last edited:

Brian in OR.

Steelhead
Silencer Central service can be hit or miss, I think they’re trying to do better. The Banish 30 (in the OnX deal) is steeply priced, sort of needs the $200 off to be realistic. At sub 800 it doesn’t feel so bad as a do all silencer, it does a lot of things just none of them perfectly.

My sparrow was $269 + stamp, which took about 4 months. I’d rather have 2 silencers of various calibers than the one Banish knowing at some point I’ll buy another and wish I had a better rimfire and pistol can.

All the cans I've looked at are around the $1000 mark. Have you found something that works better at a lower price?

Divad

Whitefish
All the cans I've looked at are around the $1000 mark. Have you found something that works better at a lower price?
For your rifle calibers, Coastal makes a great one that is lighter and quieter than the Banish, it's 500. Chimeras are 700 and there are a couple others but limited in the 30/308 calibers.

Thompson Machine makes one for pistols, my dad has the Poseidon in 45 acp and its quieter than 1000 models and shorter at 450.

Then a slew of sub 400 rimfire cans out there of which I would pick the easiest to clean within your wants/budget. The Sparrow is easy but my other stacked baffles design cheapo (stamped) can be a PITA to take apart after a brick of 22.