Show me your tying storage!

LBL

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Hi all, how do you organize your tying area? Bench and storage. I need an upgrade! I’m sure there is a wealth of information and misinformation just dying to be shared.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
77F03F1D-5691-43DA-9868-471922D1E422.jpeg
Well, my first victory was convincing my wife that I need a permanent tying bench. I’ve been storing most of the materials in bags under the table…to which my wife said “that won’t do”…she is now in the middle of have some shelving and cabinets with doors so they won’t be visible under the table. Go wife!

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
One of my other hobbies years back was wood working and I built this massive set of drawers, (trying to be reminiscent of the old card catalogs in libraries). The compartments get smaller as the drawers go up, so the top couple have I think 16 individual compartments. I had to build a short ladder (again kind of like in libraries to reach the upper shelves of books) in order to access the upper compartments.

Attachments

• Flytying Station.jpg
    Flytying Station.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 64

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
One of my other hobbies years back was wood working and I built this massive set of drawers, (trying to be reminiscent of the old card catalogs in libraries). The compartments get smaller as the drawers go up, so the top couple have I think 16 individual compartments. I had to build a short ladder (again kind of like in libraries to reach the upper shelves of books) in order to access the upper compartments.

I definitely envy this over my ugly plastic containers.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I’d love to own that