Show me your tying storage!

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Boxes...Lots of boxes.
Top is dubbing, next is crystal flash/ flashabou type stuff, vertical cabinet is full skins.
20230127_074718.jpg

The 2 drawer dresser is built out with sections, sliders and compartments. It is packed. The large box is all the fancy stuff for married wings and full dress. The other box is hooks.
20230127_075849.jpg

No matter what, or how hard I try it winds up looking like this at the desk...

20230127_075933.jpg

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Roll top bench and large volume storage in metal drawered cabinet in another part of the house for capes, skins, etc., kept in ziplock bags. Smaller items kept in bench drawers.

I tend to tie one pattern in a session, so I just assemble the materials needed.

Once had a large bench but found it just created more scattered mess. Now not as much mess...and I can just roll the top down.20230130_144529.jpg

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Looks like you have more shit than I do
I need to go shopping
Got a shipment in today from J. Stockard and there’s one coming the end of the week from CompetitiveAngler.com. Still got a bit of room in some of the containers. Shopping for fishing stuff is a full time endeavor. o_O

Last edited:

Islander

Life of the Party
I scored this cabinet out a medical office that was being converted to another type of business. Put casters on the bottom so it’s somewhat portable and built a top with trim on three sides to help keep stuff from falling off. Found some plastic dividers that fit in the two larger bottom drawers. I do need to downsize, thinking of doing what RCF uses and keeping things simple. I don’t tie the variety of bugs that I use to. It’s pretty much just four or five patterns these days.
2240B75F-79E4-4643-A4E3-10251A9A5CCE.jpeg

cdnred

Life of the Party
Roll top bench and large volume storage in metal drawered cabinet in another part of the house for capes, skins, etc., kept in ziplock bags. Smaller items kept in bench drawers.

I tend to tie one pattern in a session, so I just assemble the materials needed.

Once had a large bench but found it just created more scattered mess. Now not as much mess...and I can just roll the top down.View attachment 52068
Beautiful setup, was that hutch section ciustom built as I've never saw one like that before..?

krusty

Forum Supporter
Beautiful setup, was that hutch section ciustom built as I've never saw one like that before..?
It was crafted by George Roberts, a master cabinet maker (and true gentleman) in St. Louis. Here's a link to his catalog. You can have one made in pretty much any wood you select. Mine is natural oak.
T.V. Tyr
T.V. Tyr - flyfishing, tying desk, flytying ...

Last edited:

James St. Clair

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If my wife new that I posted this, she would probably say "you should be embarressed", but based on others photos, I don't think I should be 🤣

Tying table. My wife got me this so I can close it up (tying area folds down and is magnetic and can be folded up). Guess how many times it's been folded up? 20230130_095742.jpg

Storage
20230130_095818.jpg

Work desk in between (full view)
20230130_095830.jpg

I also share this "bonus room" with my kids. Their baseball cards and video gaming areas, along with two beds are behind, to the left, and to the right of this, respectively.

krusty

Forum Supporter
If my wife new that I posted this, she would probably say "you should be embarressed", but based on others photos, I don't think I should be 🤣

Tying table. My wife got me this so I can close it up (tying area folds down and is magnetic and can be folded up). Guess how many times it's been folded up? View attachment 52185

Storage
View attachment 52186

Work desk in between (full view)
View attachment 52187

I also share this "bonus room" with my kids. Their baseball cards and video gaming areas, along with two beds are behind, to the left, and to the right of this, respectively.
My wife would (and did) say the same thing about my previous flytying areas. Were we to have a housekeeper we'd be cleaning prior to their visit. We clean for contractors coming to our house to give quotes on work. Unfortunately, a bit of moderate squalor doesn't bother me bit.

Herkileez

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I don't like having loose materials hanging everywhere, so use 11" vacuum seal roll to store my flash materials. I sealed it at 1 1/2" intervals, then cut down one side to create pockets for each. I also added a nylon zip-tie to each, making it easier to insert and remove each. All roll up to one easy-to-store roll.
It was pretty easy with our cryovac sealer.

flashabou storage 1.jpg

flashabou storage 2.jpg

Last edited: