Show me your bass

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I see you’ve also been bitten by the bass bug. I love seeing em eat poppers, it gets my blood pumping.
Around here, we understand that Billy didn't catch the Bass Bug. Bass Bug caught the Billy.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Does this count? It hit a foam bass gurgler in the lily pads. :)
20230529_213258.png

He was the biggest fish of my little 2 hour mid-day jaunt to my local today. He was about 15". Guess trout like frogs too.

The biggest bass was just over 12". Missed one that might have been more like 15". I caught several bass in the 10-12" range that were about as fat as I've ever seen there so I'm hopeful the bigger ones are also fat. The last couple years there were not very many in the 10-12" range so I'm feeling optimistic that the next couple years should be good.
They really dug this green & black bass gurgler today. I think I bought it as part of a bulk deal from someone on here. I can't remember who. I'm definitely going to tie more. Much easier to cast (and more accurate) than most of my traditional hard poppers.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I received some materials today so tied up a couple gurglers. I really like the Estaz Grande for the body. I got the olive color and it's fishy.
Since I forgot to order some popper hooks I had to tie these on 2/0 Partridge Ms that I bought from someone. Haha! Blasphemous I know. They definitely won't break on a lily! Hopefully the foam I added to the under body helps it float high enough.

20230601_161459.jpg

20230601_153725.jpg

This is bigger than the one I've been fishing so hoping to discourage the crappie and baby bass and maybe get the bigger boys.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
whelp, this popped up on BookFace....from 12 freakin' years ago! But god damn, I remember that one vividly.

258514_2032919377903_5229171_o.jpg

But, here's all I got today...this little fella felt as though a fly the same size as him (or her) seemed like a good idea.
PXL_20230604_171907274.MP.jpg

PXL_20230604_171909207.jpg