Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
While fishing for trout with an 8' 3 weight
1664654120935.jpeg

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Oh yeah!! Time to dig this thread out for '23!

Was fishing an OP lake for trout when I heard a suspiciously loud splash back in a shallow bay. Swinging in, I found that it had warmed up to about 52°. A couple casts up towards the brushy shore with the white bugger I had on, a wake, and a heavy fight brought this guy to hand:
20230322_132215.jpg
Saw another fish swirl 80 ft down the shore, but my cast apparently whopped it on the head, as it thrashed and dove the instant the fly touched the water 😖

Switched to a gurgler just for kicks, and a few minutes later this one boiled on it:
20230322_145844.jpg
No other takes, but a great way to start off bass season!
(For this lake, I'd switched to my Old Guys playlist. One on RS's Angie, one on Cat Stevens' Wild World 😁)

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Was fishing an OP lake for trout when I heard a suspiciously loud splash back in a shallow bay. Swinging in, I found that it had warmed up to about 52°. A couple casts up towards the brushy shore with the white bugger I had on, a wake, and a heavy fight brought this guy to hand:
View attachment 58788
Saw another fish swirl 80 ft down the shore, but my cast apparently whopped it on the head, as it thrashed and dove the instant the fly touched the water 😖

Switched to a gurgler just for kicks, and a few minutes later this one boiled on it:
View attachment 58805
(For this lake, I'd switched to my Old Guys playlist. One on RS's Angie, one on Cat Stevens' Wild World 😁)
Nice!!

Wade Rivers

Steelhead
Forum Supporter

Gurgler for the win!

Chug a lug, WR

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
First bass of the year and my PB smallie. 5lb on the scale, super fat belly. Put up a heck of a fight on 4x! A few decent sized rainbows on top of it made for a great day!
Hell yeah! Great fish.