Shortening sink tips?

cole_p

Yelling at trout
Forum Supporter
Howdy. I have found myself with two Rio Light MOW 10ft T8 tips.

I was thinking about cutting the extra one into two smaller pieces for use with lighter single hand rods. Has anyone done this? Is this dumb, should I just keep the extra for when the first is broken or lost?

If I decide to cut it anyways I was thinking of making it into 4 foot and 6 foot pieces.

Let me know your thoughts.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter

I was thinking about cutting the extra one into two smaller pieces for use with lighter single hand rods. Has anyone done this? Is this dumb, should I just keep the extra for when the first is broken or lost?

If I decide to cut it anyways I was thinking of making it into 4 foot and 6 foot pieces.

I wouldn't cut, but that's just me. I suspect the 4 and 6 foot chunks won't fish or cast differently enough to really matter, and you'll get a lot more sinkability from the full 10 feet of T8--which is already not a heavy tip.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

This can be done easily enough. I would cut it in half and use one on a single handed rod and the other I would pair with a three foot furled leader for a well anchored light two have tip that is grain compensated.