Rod Tubes

Bajema

Life of the Party
Anyone have a good source for aluminum rod tubes that they would recommend? Or if you recommend something else that’s cool too. Right now I’ve got a piece of PVC pipe and the end caps don’t always stay on so I’m looking to upgrade.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
There used to be a company called Landmark that made tubes. I’m not sure if they are still in business.
SF

kmudgn

Steelhead
Just as FYI: I have had "issues" with metal rod tubes with TSA for hand carry luggage. I always got on plane, but it was a battle. I have since switched to using Cabela cloth covered carboard tubes for travel and have had no problems.

Divad

Whitefish
eBay can be another great option. Have gotten many tubes for cheap.

Cheapest state side currently is this one. But many more in the $30 range. If you don’t mind waiting, can be had for $22 from China.

Lue Taylor

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Anyone have a good source for aluminum rod tubes that they would recommend? Or if you recommend something else that’s cool too. Right now I’ve got a piece of PVC pipe and the end caps don’t always stay on so I’m looking to upgrade.
What about make your own out of PVC tubing

Cliff

Steelhead
Sierra trading post has a clearance st croix tube right now. $10 and shipping should be free if you send it to the store. Not sure if the size fits.

I really like the idea of triangle tubes, rather than a round tube that can roll off table tops, tailgates, etc.

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I have a few Landmark tubes and enjoy them. When ordering my last one he mentioned closing the doors to retire. He’d sell the business and it seems like an attractive one for the right person. That was a few months ago. He supplied many rod makers you know of, as well as “walk-ins” like me. Sorry to see him go. Quality product. I passed info to one member that I thought might make it work but he apparently passed on it. Half tempted myself but I enjoy retirement too much, golfishboating etc.