Puget Sound

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
That will come in handy next time you visit the secret beach north of the oil tanks.
Is that the one by the nude beach south of Edmonds? Because there are quite a few nude dudes who frolic on that one and it's safe to say that the secret is out and proud of it. Would be handy for picking up their discarded clothing, though.

Divad

Whitefish
I was told that beach used to always be a party spot for high schoolers. My sister just moved near and I have been wanting to get back up there to check out the fishing.

Glad to know I can chase SRC in the buff when I go visit.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I was told that beach used to always be a party spot for high schoolers. My sister just moved near and I have been wanting to get back up there to check out the fishing.

Be careful. I’m fairly sure part of a sea run’s diet is clam necks.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Don’t go there unless it is winter time.
No fish is worth it.
The first time I walked down there, there were a bunch of dudes playing nude volleyball and a big group of people lying nude up on the beach.
I never knew it was there, until I stumbled on it while out for a walk. Apparently it’s a popular spot.
If you need directions, it’s that way. <—— 😂
SF

IMG_3715.jpeg

skyrise

Steelhead
Don’t go there unless it is winter time.
No fish is worth it.
The first time I walked down there, there were a bunch of dudes playing nude volleyball and a big group of people lying nude up on the beach.
I never knew it was there, until I stumbled on it while out for a walk. Apparently it’s a popular spot.
If you need directions, it’s that way. <—— 😂
SF

View attachment 66322
Not when I was a kid. That was a full time tug & oil barge operation. They wouldn’t even let us kid’s fish for pile perch on the property. Course we had multiple old docks to fish from anyways.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Not when I was a kid. That was a full time tug & oil barge operation. They wouldn’t even let us kid’s fish for pile perch on the property. Course we had multiple old docks to fish from anyways.

I wish they could somehow figure out in my lifetime how to turn that property into a park. I know the redevelopment plans that got turned down due to residential opposition would have had public access if I recall correctly. It’s an ugly site right now.
SF

skyrise

Steelhead
I wish they could somehow figure out in my lifetime how to turn that property into a park. I know the redevelopment plans that got turned down due to residential opposition would have had public access if I recall correctly. It’s an ugly site right now.
SF
Edmonds area is all about money. Has been for some time. Not the small town it used to be. We knew things were never going to be the same after developments like Emerald Hills went in.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Nice morning out of the water. Bright and sunny to start the day at 5:00. Clouds and wind showed up later. Always nice to have a marine layer while fishing. Glad I was wearing my hooded sweatshirt.
Found some cutts, but nothing great size wise.

Rare Puget Sound beach snake. I wonder if a heron may have done it in.
IMG_3725.jpeg

Not sure what this used to be.
IMG_3727.jpeg

2023 PSPPPP (Puget Sound Porta Potty Pulitzer Prize) Award Winner
IMG_3720.jpegIMG_3721.jpeg
SF

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Nice morning out of the water. Bright and sunny to start the day at 5:00. Clouds and wind showed up later. Always nice to have a marine layer while fishing. Glad I was wearing my hooded sweatshirt.

View attachment 66674

View attachment 66675

View attachment 66676View attachment 66677
SF
I have to think someone pouring their heart and mind out onto the wall of a portapotty is not in a healthy place, psychologically speaking 😕

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
I have to think someone pouring their heart and mind out onto the wall of a portapotty is not in a healthy place, psychologically speaking 😕

Could also be drugs. This area has a known meth and heroine problem. I’ve seen hypodermic needles floating in the blue hole in this particular head several times.
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
A few small cutts today. Water seemed at least to me be very warm. Stuff is getting pretty dry as well. I’d appreciate some rain. ;)
Some random pics from today.
SF

IMG_3745.jpegIMG_3746.jpegIMG_3743.jpegIMG_3742.jpeg

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter

View attachment 66674

View attachment 66675

View attachment 66676View attachment 66677
SF

Au contrair. The first guy’s PSPPPP needs to be taken away. He gave it his all but in the end, he was just referencing obscure hip hop lyrics. Shameful…

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Au contrair. The first guy’s PSPPPP needs to be taken away. He gave it his all but in the end, he was just referencing obscure hip hop lyrics. Shameful…

Sorry, should have been Grammy rather than Pulitzer……
SF

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter

... and how did you know this song? :)

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Good luck on the opener tomorrow for anyone that heads out.
They are small but tasty if you can find them.
They’ve been kind of MIA this past winter and spring down south. A few, but certainly not like it used to be, but that may also reflect my lack of effort.
Personally, I’d rather have 9 open July 1st for coho then 10 on June 1st.
SF