NFR Propane Conversion Kit for Honda EU2000 Generators???

Non-fishing related

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
I want to throw this out here for any advise. I've been considering converting my generators to propane. I'm not worried about doing the work my self. I am very competent in either doing the work, or totally messing thing up. Usually successful, but, occasionally I get in over my head. For those that have done this, any advise? Gotcha's?. I reallize I won't get full power out of my generators, but, that's fine. I rather not deal with storing gas. I have plenty of propane bottles around.

Sam

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Can’t help you with specifics but can say it’s a great idea and should be fairly simple. My Artic Fox TT has a 3.5 kW generator built in that runs propane. Nice not to have to mess with gas.

Sam Roffe

Forum Supporter
Yeah I’ve been looking at the Hutch Mountain kit. They look easy enough to to install. just ordered, I’ll report back when the job is done.

Last edited:

Sam Roffe

Forum Supporter
I said I would report back. I ordered Friday from Hutch Mountain, and they returned a phone call to double check my application. They made sure I had everything I needed, I missed a couple components. It was shipped right out, and I received the stuff today, Tuesday. It took me about 1 hour to convert the first generator, and I had no trouble starting it. I think the carburetor needs a good cleaning from using gasoline, but, so far this looks very promising.

Onward to generator number two!