Proof fly fishing 5 stars

RichS

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I purchased a 9 foot 6 inch 5 weight graphite blank and components (guides, reel seat, fighting butt, winding check etc.) from Proof Flyfishing earlier this fall. The web site is nice and simple to use. I wanted to verify that I had all the parts needed and that the parts were compatible so I called. No answer but he returned my call within five minutes. Sure enough I needed a stint because the bottom of that blank was too thick for the reel seat insert. He threw that piece in for free.

When the parts arrived everything was there and looked good. The cork on the grip is beautiful and the reel seat is solid. The finish on the blank is flawless. The blank was a bit thick and seemed a trifle heavy and stiff to me, but as always when put together the action softened up and the rod cast great with both a floating line and various sinking lines. Nice fishing tool too with good sensitivity and some power for landing fish while still bending too the cork on bigger fish. This rod is exactly what I was hoping for.

This seems to be a one man show and shipping was a bit slow. Took about two weeks but so what? I am confident that if you were in a hurry and told them so, it would happen quickly. The web site has guide spacing charts and some good tutorial videos.

I would highly recommend Proof flyfishing for quality, affordable components and service.36E3B4E9-85AE-400D-A00E-8FC51B742E1A.jpegimage.jpg

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
They're my #1 fly rod component store. Been looking at their small glass fly rod kits with interest. I've used their excellent tutorial videos to teach myself to build and repair rods and really like the way they show you to get started in a minimalist style. Just the basics. Fair prices and exceptional service...

Dillon

Smolt
I just finished building Proof’s, Meadow, 7ft. 6in 3/4 weight fiberglass rod. It was my first build and my first glass rod. Another kit is in the mail now. I’m very pleased with the quality, price and customer service.

Jack Devlin

Life of the Party
PROOF is my go to for rod components. Matt is very helpful. His tutorial/videos are great especially for those of you on your first build.

NukeLDO

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Retirement must be treating you right Rich!

Dillon

Smolt
I’m just finishing the graphite 10 ft 3/4 weight Czech nymph rod. I think, Luna, a fast 8ft. 5 wt. glass rod might be next . Has anyone built either of them?

Divad

Whitefish
No but that 3/4wt 5 piece 7’ Twig blank has been on my list for a while. Would make for a nice high lake rod.

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
What bamboo rod are you working on? Just wondering, I’ve redone 80+ blue collar bamboo rods and fish bamboo 95% year round.