Post your FREE STUFF (the "pay it forward" thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Ok, sorry no pics yet, but I found a bag full of tiger musky flies from several years ago. I'll start with 4 lots (probably 3-4 flies each). They swim fine, but most don't have a dubbed head like I tie now, instead it's several wraps of ep baitfish wrap, then brushed out. Doesn't look as clean, but in practice performs the same. They are also mostly synthetic. I'll try to get some pics up later tonight. Starting with 4 lots. PM me.

Cheers!

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
Anyone in the Whatcom county area interested in an old school backpacking stove? It works fine and I'd still be using it but my son upgraded me to Jet Boil.

I'm not interested in shipping due to the fuel aspect but happy to pass it along to anyone in the area. It comes with a small fuel bottle ( which is currently empty). The bottle looks to hold a pint.

IMG_5362[1].JPG
IMG_5365[1].JPG

Lemme know,

Mike d

Last edited:

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
@Jake Would these be good for your student?
Probably, but I feel like I've received a lot of things from folks already and don't want to be some kind of free gear monster.

I don't have that student until tomorrow, anyway, so can't ask them until then.

flybill

Life of the Party
Bag full of lines! Free plus shipping for the first picture! I have Evan sending me some furled leaders so want to pay it forward. Must be a forum supporters! Or become one.. you pay shipping! Merry Christmas and happy Festivus! Let me know what rod you want it for.. I might already know how to match a line for it! Cheers! VM or PM me a note with questions on the lines...20221219_182257.jpg20221219_182300.jpg

T

Tombraider

Anyone in the Whatcom county area interested in an old school backpacking stove? It works fine and I'd still be using it but my son upgraded me to Jet Boil.

I'm not interested in shipping due to the fuel aspect but happy to pass it along to anyone in the area. It comes with a small fuel bottle ( which is currently empty). The bottle looks to hold a pint.

View attachment 39854
View attachment 39855

Lemme know,

Mike d
Those are great, I have one

Rvrfisher360

Floatin’
Forum Supporter
-Free Local pickup downtown Bellingham-

I have several (almost 20) full size commercial gym lockers made in Oregon. These are at least 20 year old wood lockers that I obtained from a local gym that closed earlier this year. They are 6 feet tall, and either single or double wide. Singles are 1 foot wide, doubles are two.

I put a few of them in my garage and cut some nice shelves for them, and have turned them into great fishing storage cabinets. Almost all have fully functional latches that can be locked, so they would make great rod/reel storage, ammo storage, you name it.

If you are interested but are unable to pick them up, let me know and I’ll try to arrange something.

1672176107913.jpeg
1672176123273.jpeg

Brandon

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
GONE!

I have an LCI (Loomis Composites Industries) 866 Striker II fly rod up for grabs. Not sure the history. It was given to me and I really don’t have a use for it, so it’s up for grabs! I’d rather it get used instead of just sitting in my basement corner. One caveat is that it’s a 2 piece so I won’t ship and pick up is in Portland, OR. It’s definitely used but 200% serviceable.
F3049E04-6D70-4B65-9FA6-7141D754FB02.jpegD7FB687F-5D5F-4BFA-B0E7-481F582C8A97.jpeg0F4A229C-C6BE-4C1C-9876-006EC4E60DBE.jpeg

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I have an 866 Striker II fly rod up for grabs. Not sure the maker or history. It was given to me and I really don’t have a use for it, so it’s up for grabs! I’d rather it get used instead of just sitting in my basement corner. One caveat is that it’s a 2 piece so I won’t ship and pick up is in Portland, OR. It’s definitely used but 200% serviceable.
View attachment 48097View attachment 48098View attachment 48096

LCI (Loomis Composites Industries) that is a name you don’t see much anymore.
Cool old rod!
SF

Status
Not open for further replies.