Plinking Near Seattle

Anyone plinking should look into the orange balls and cubes that sell for about $15. Toss em out and starting shooting. Try and hit them while they are still moving from your last shot. Hang them from a branch (they have a hole for this), you will know for sure when you hit it (unlike a tin can when you sometimes are not sure). Also, I like to bring a bright orange spray paint can. A tin can can be hard to see...a quick spray and I have a clear target. It also brightens up the rubber ball targets. Whenever I move a target far down range, a fresh coat of bright paint is conducive to improving my skill.

Spinner targets are also a "must have" IMHO. I like the metal ones, and the spray paint keeps them fresh, however they can be hard to "anchor" in hard dirt.....There is something called a "dueling tree". It has its own base, with steel targets on both sides. Two shooters try and "outshoot" each other by spinning (hitting) the targets on their side of the "dueling tree". Again, if you're gunna drive that far.... fun targets are important.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
We lost (despite multiple volunteer cleanups) a great DNR place to plink near Spokane because slobs came there to shoot, left tons of target trash...which also attracted dumping of household trash.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Tanerite is ok if your shooting during the damp season and theres no forest fire risk. We blew up a 200lb pumpkin with it, it was satisfying.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Tanerite is ok if your shooting during the damp season and theres no forest fire risk. We blew up a 200lb pumpkin with it, it was satisfying.
I dunno...I sorta grew outta enjoying asplodin' stuff after a hitch in the Marine Corps.

nwbobber

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
My friends brother was shootin' tannerite in a gravel pit near here. It blew a rock 80 yards towards them and shattered his ankle. Took all the fun out of that. They show putting the tannerite on top of a cardboard box for safety, for your info. I think they should ban the shit, or quit selling it to morons.