Pizza

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
Would anyone have a basic recipe for a sauce that uses some acid for extra tanginess? Also, I have since incorporated fennel seeds into the pie as well, and finding that "balance" with that stuff was a bit tricky but I think I have it dialed for consistency. I am still not happy with my sauce.
Try adding dry white wines or white balsamic vinegar (condimiento bianco.) Both will add acidity and brightness, and the alcohol from the wine will extract more complex flavors from the tomatoes and other ingredients. Many flavors are only brought to life through alcohol extraction. It's why vodka sauce is a thing.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
^^^^^so true ^^^^^^

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
Made pizza for the first time today. It was pretty decent but I think I’m going to develop tendinitis from wrestling with the gluten in the dough. I tried to follow the direction of Martin from King Arthur for shaping the dough out. But I would get started with my dough ball, get it pushed out to about 7 inches in diameter and then it would start to retract into some non-circular shape. I would let it rest for several minutes and then was able to get back at it, but I ended up with two ovoid objects that were short of the 12 inch diameter I was shooting for. So how do you all stretch you dough. I did not bake them in a pan, but on parchment paper on the pizza stone.
I flatten ball of dough to about 8 inches diameter, cover and let the gluten relax for about 10 minutes. Then toss or roll out to final size.