Penninsula this week?

Yhandi

Smolt
Hi all, I'm planning on heading out to the Penninsula sometime this week, and I was wondering if anyone cared to help me with some insight on where is the most fishable, I know all the river and I'm certainly not asking for hot spots but I don't spend much time there at all, and a recommendation would surely help me be a bit more confident. I have yet to check the regs, but I plan on going either Hoh or Clawah Rivers. Does anyone have some insight on this for me?
Yhandi

Shad

Life of the Party
I don't know how the fishing is right now, but I can say that while the Calawah is beautiful and has some amazing fish, it has much less access than the Hoh, and it is also very challenging to fly fish, especially from the bank. If it's between those two, I think I'd try the Hoh. You'll have company, but there's a lot of productive swing water, especially down low, so I would guess that's your best shot....

Yhandi

Smolt
I don't know how the fishing is right now, but I can say that while the Calawah is beautiful and has some amazing fish, it has much less access than the Hoh, and it is also very challenging to fly fish, especially from the bank. If it's between those two, I think I'd try the Hoh. You'll have company, but there's a lot of productive swing water, especially down low, so I would guess that's your best shot....
Thanks for the info.
Yhandi

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
Upper Calawah is closed. Lower Calawah has little public access and serious whitewater, like serious serious for most anglers. Same for the Sol Duc.

Ditto Shad's post above for the Hoh. With the Bogachiel somewhere in between. Unfortunately access and the no fishing from boats regs, Chehalis closure, and no Skagit opening are making for a busy Hoh.