Pattern ID

R

RyRy82

While I was looking untangling an errant cast into a tree behind me I found this fly. It looks super fishy to me and I’d like to swing it in some of the rivers around me. It has a bead body, around a size 8.

Attachments

• 305D176D-BCDD-4772-8BDA-7EFAA68E4131.jpeg
    305D176D-BCDD-4772-8BDA-7EFAA68E4131.jpeg
    569.3 KB · Views: 82

tkww

Steelhead
Someone's vice creation? Judging by the hook and what appears to be a guinea hackle collar, I'd guess it was intended as a steelhead fly. But not sure where you were fishing. And not that it wouldn't catch trout too.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Would work great as a 'stonefly in the round' kind of nymph, it's that time of year. I'm more into the impressionistic kind of flies.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
A few years back, there seem to be a fad (so to speak) going on with bead bodied flies, similar to the pic…even “shrimp-looking” flies.
I now have enough beads to tie flies till I die. It didn’t help that I have a large bead store in town either. 😳

R

RyRy82

Right on. Thanks for the reply’s. To me it looks like it would work as a micro streamer. I was kinda thinking it looked like a vice creation. Either way I thought it would take some lower d fish on the swing. Found it on the Fall River.

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
looks like to me a bead body soft hackle

curved hook

bead body

dubbing thorax

partridge hackle