outboard cooling system troubleshooting

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I presume that you knew to grease up the impeller cup and impeller before installation?
Yes, thanks.
That is an excellent diagram and instructions. Where did you find it? And are there more like it there?

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
Yes, thanks.
That is an excellent diagram and instructions. Where did you find it? And are there more like it there?
I have a BF15A Honda and this thread got me searching for some instructions and diagrams -

And I found this -

MELinOre

Steelhead

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
https://www.servicemanualbit.com/do...9-bf10-marine-outboard-service-repair-manual/

You can purchase a PDF copy of the Service Repair Manual at the above hyperlink for $9.99

I bought a ring binder version of this manual on Amazon in 2016, but it's no longer available there.

I have used the repair service manual many times, and highly recommend it.(I have no affiliation with the seller)
Thanks for this. I downloaded one of these and will print a copy out. It isn't the clearest most crisp copy or scan or whatever it is, but I couldn't find it otherwise and I'm happy to have it. It'll work.

My new impeller kit was delayed in shipping but it is finally on its way now, after I checked in with the seller.

MELinOre

Steelhead
I wonder if the manual has a how-to page for removing a fly line from the hub…🤔
Kilchis, you always crack me up :rolleyes:
They do show how to remove the prop for dumb asses like me!

Two other things I thought to check @Matt B
1) That metal cup has two tabs that lock it in place inside the plastic housing. They can get bent which allows the cup to spin inside the housing. This can stop the flow of water from the impeller. Don't ask me how I know this.;)

2) Getting the tube on the impeller housing to line up with the upper housing tube can be a pain in the ass. And again, don't ask me how I know this. A second person or mirror can help with this procedure.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Two other things I thought to check @Matt B
1) That metal cup has two tabs that lock it in place inside the plastic housing. They can get bent which allows the cup to spin inside the housing. This can stop the flow of water from the impeller. Don't ask me how I know this.;)
Well the old one is definitely shot, so hopefully the new one isn't already bent went it gets here. But good to know.

2) Getting the tube on the impeller housing to line up with the upper housing tube can be a pain in the ass. And again, don't ask me how I know this. A second person or mirror can help with this procedure.
I managed to get it done once already by myself, but I know what you mean. I'm sure after writing this it will be much harder the second time. Thanks for the tip.