NFR Our best friend, Nader, is gone.

Non-fishing related

Flymph

Steelhead
Thirteen or so years ago on the old forum we lost Plato, a yellow lab, who was with us for 19 years. This morning Nader, a loyal black lab of 13 years, gave his last breath. Nader loved his people and was our constant companion and protector up until the end. As we both get older it does not seem to get any easier to let go of such a loyal and dedicated friend. I don't think dogs like Nader realize the pleasure they bring into our lives and for that we are both very grateful. R.I.P, Nader, my dear friend.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Sorry for your loss.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Sorry for your loss. Is there anything in the cards for another dog of some kind?

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
So sorry to hear of your loss.

Our beloved Canine Companions will live in pain that we could not bear, but never let out a whimper. We may only notice they're moving slower as they follow us around out of their faithful devotion, to be by our side.

And honestly, I believe our dogs have known the bond of devotion and pleasure is mutual.

I hope your memories of Nader and Plato remain vivid and golden.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Sorry to hear that.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
My condolences. Remember all of the good times.

SteelHeadDave

Broskioner
Forum Supporter
I feel your pain and I’m sorry you lost your good friend. Give yourself time and space to grieve. And most importantly think back to the best times and smile when you can.

Jim Allen

Steelhead
Sounds like you gave Nader a wonderful life. There is very good reason dog spelled backwards is god. If only us humans had a fraction of their loyalty, dedication and always forgiving companionship, the world would be a much better place. He will always hold a place in you heart. So very sorry for your loss.

Greg Price

Steelhead
So sorry. My third lab mix now is to feeble at age 13 to accompany me on streams. I lost my 17 year old sweetielab mix during covid. Hope you give another dog a good home