OP Steelhead Face ESA Listing

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Unclipped hatchery fish taken off redds in the wild...

I am so conflicted

On one hand just gross. On the other hand interrupted hatchery fish spawning in the wild, yay.........ish.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. This is on the Clearwater right at Dworshak right? Why do they not clip them? I can see the dirty dorsal, but sure would be nice if they clipped them.

Unclipped hatchery fish taken off redds in the wild...

I am so conflicted

On one hand just gross. On the other hand interrupted hatchery fish spawning in the wild, yay.........ish.

Ahh...it's that time of the year again...when photos of booted out hatchery "B" run steelhead flood the Instagram after being yanked off redds by beads. All is right in the steelhead world.

This fishery is essentially the equivalent of visiting a prostitute to "get yer fix". It's not a protrayal of any kind of steelhead angling skill, but that doesn't stop a few wannabe internet fly fishing celebrities from giving it a go and hoping for some free stuff and a handful of likes.

skyriver: It's the South Fork of the Clearwater

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Ahh...it's that time of the year again...when photos of booted out hatchery "B" run steelhead flood the Instagram after being yanked off redds by beads. All is right in the steelhead world.

This fishery is essentially the equivalent of visiting a prostitute to "get yer fix". It's not a protrayal of any kind of steelhead angling skill, but that doesn't stop a few wannabe internet fly fishing celebrities from giving it a go and hoping for some free stuff and a handful of likes.

skyriver: It's the South Fork of the Clearwater
Fly fishing celebrities using gear (spinning rod) Which I'm fine with.......but call a spade a spade.
Screenshot_20230501_185550_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: