Official Beach Line Thread

What is your favorite beach taper? Pick one for coho and/or SRC.

• Total voters

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
A private message from @mickey rat reminded me I never got around to correcting myself. Yes, it’s the Rio Grand taper in intermediate Avid Angler clothing, not the gold like I’d said.

Sorry, been busy with work, kids’ basketball tournaments, and making up for lost fishing time now that my rod vault is done.

It isn’t my first choice for a Puget Sound taper, so it hasn’t gotten much use and the more I learned about it the less interesting/important it felt to review it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fine line. One full size heavy, long head, meant more to carry line than shoot line, intermediate where the Rio Grand is a floater. It’s made to turn over big flies in the wind and to make it easy for casters of all experience levels to get line out there, but by false casting. I like to make one, maybe two false casts before I shoot, and so it just doesn’t fit my casting needs or style.

Thanks for the reply.
Hopefully if shops have an opportunity to do these lines again, one will choose a version of the CQS with a braided core.
SF