NFL 2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Shows what a joke the Pro Bowl selection is, just as bad as the game itself used to be, glad they got rid of it. The only "allstar" game that is any good is baseball. Get rid of all the rest.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Denver giving up more draft picks ...

Cheers

wow.

The Saints will receive the Broncos' 2023 first-round pick (No. 29 overall) and their 2024 second-round pick for Payton and the Saints' 2024 third-round selection, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Gotta admit I'm pretty surprised. Didn't seem like he was too interested in the job.

Trading coaches like that always seems a bit strange to me. Like, in order for him to take over a franchise that is already struggling for draft capital he has to agree to be traded, which results in losing even more draft capital. Odd scenario.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
:unsure:

Shows what a joke the Pro Bowl selection is, just as bad as the game itself used to be, glad they got rid of it. The only "allstar" game that is any good is baseball. Get rid of all the rest.
Derek Carr was also selected as an alternate...it will be interesting to see him suit up in Silver & Black since the "game" is being held at Allegiant...

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
4th team to own that 29th pick now...

They must be paying him a TON of money to take over a bad team with a bad QB contract and no draft picks...

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Payton should have waited another year and gotten the Cowboy's job after they flame out in the playoffs again.
He would have been good with the Chargers as well if they make a change next year, though their ownership kind of sucks.....kind of like the Cowboys. ;)
SF

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Payton should have waited another year and gotten the Cowboy's job after they flame out in the playoffs again.
He would have been good with the Chargers as well if they make a change next year, though their ownership kind of sucks.....kind of like the Cowboys. ;)
SF
naw, fuck that. I'm glad they did it. If Russ sucks next year, we'll truly know that it wasn't a one off. If he's amazing? well great! I honestly don't care how much they pay him. Payton is really offensively creative, which is a department we were in the negative (if that's even possible) last year.

But honestly I AM surprised he took it for the reasons you mentioned plus lack of draft picks this year especially (if things go sideways this year).

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
4th team to own that 29th pick now...

They must be paying him a TON of money to take over a bad team with a bad QB contract and no draft picks...

it's a hot potato....I'm on the edge of my seat to see who ultimately ends up with that....like right on the edge.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
George Allen always traded away draft picks and put together winning teams season after season. Draft picks don't guarantee success.
Payton knows how to lead and assemble a good coaching staff. Ownership will support him to make corrections. The Chiefs will have better competition in 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.