NF CDA - mid October

ThatGuyRyRy

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Hey guys, I'm headed to CDA mid October, and having never fished there will I be too late? I'm thinking about taking the wife and and the kids up and dinking around on the bank, is the NF CDA appropriate for that and would I expect to catch some fish?

majpreal

Steelhead
Hey guys, I'm headed to CDA mid October, and having never fished there will I be too late? I'm thinking about taking the wife and and the kids up and dinking around on the bank, is the NF CDA appropriate for that and would I expect to catch some fish?
I was just there the weekend after Labor Day and it was fishing good. Not sure about regs so you might want to call a local fly shop. Castaway is right off the road you take to head up river after exiting the freeway at Kingston. 98A1FE91-321E-4AF0-9361-AADFCF5F20A7.jpeg6D306378-BB7E-42E0-AEB8-40359F41E926.jpeg

dirty dog

Steelhead
Many years ago I fished the NFCDA in Oct.
I had the creek to myself and I caught some very nice Cutts.
I found small pheasant tail nymphs were the ticket.

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Keep an eye on those flats by the RV campground across the river from the high road. The one time I went to the NFCDA, on the return trip back to town, the trout were rising like nothing else I’d seen before. I mentioned that to my friend, who was driving. He just said, “Oh, yeah,” and never stopped to check it out.