New Wading Boots from Simms

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
I was looking for video reviews of the boots. I was curious about the cleats and how to install them, but found none. However, I did discover that a package of 14 aluminum cleats will set you back $100. YIKES!!

Last edited:

RCF

Life of the Party
I was looking for video reviews of the boots. I was curious about the cleats and how to install them, but found none. However, I did discover that a package of 14 aluminum cleats will set you back $100. YIKES!!

Look at the reviews of the vibram soled boots. Looks like there are issues both with cleats falling out and inability to prevent slipping on slick riverbeds. May provide some insight...

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
I have the original G4s, one pair felt, and one Vibram. These are, by far, the best wading shoes I've ever owned. The new G4s look interesting, but I don't see me in the market for new shoes for several more years. The original G4s are just so good.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Lucky for me, with six pairs of wading boots already I'm set for life.
I spend more time kicking myself around in a float tube than wading creeks or rivers so boots suited for hiking my tube and kicking with (gasp - Force Fins) fins are something I wear out. Simms neoprene flats boots are garbage for fins - less than two years and they were useless. This morning Hatch sent out their emag with these prominently advertised:
D976E1D2-14C0-4EA4-883D-BFEEB8B3BD46.png

OP - thread drift. Sorry.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
0EB09393-C348-47B1-8376-D6A39A7E0F18.jpeg
Bite sandals
Simms lightweights
Old simms freestone felt with studs
Hodgeman booties for kicking around with flippers
Simms guide 2 lightweight felt. Love these but the salt has done a number on them.
Simms vibram…. These are bit loose on me at size 12 but the 11 was so damn tight. (Forget name of these) but when I pulled them out I found my wading belt… I rolled it up and stuck it in the shoe. Been looking for that for awhile. 😆. Dang!!!