New Toy

Denwor54

Life of the Party
This was fun to put together, I have to drill the vacuum port and true up the track which i didn’t anticipate being important. The first piece test piece had some variation but it was cause my track was moving which is an easy fix lesson learned. I plan on making another for a hex profile and I will not have to change the milling wheels which I thought would be easy which doesn’t look to be practical. Can’t wait to set up the node press next and thanks again for setting me up with those Mike.

Tim Cottage

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
This was fun to put together, I have to drill the vacuum port and true up the track which i didn’t anticipate being important. The first piece test piece had some variation but it was cause my track was moving which is an easy fix lesson learned. I plan on making another for a hex profile and I will not have to change the milling wheels which I thought would be easy which doesn’t look to be practical. Can’t wait to set up the node press next and thanks again for setting me up with those Mike.
What kind of node press are you going to make? Just curious.

Denwor54

Life of the Party
I’m going to use the hex and penta jigs I got from Mike and use the same set up he uses. I have to also thank Mike for making the penta form and showing me his set up. This process will hopefully end up making the prep process less tedious.

longputt

Steelhead
Big shout out to Mike Monsos for helping me get the wheels and templates for the sanding wheels. I have to makes some adjustments but ran a couple strips thru just to see how it worked and really pleased with the end result.View attachment 29511
When you use a sanding disk do you get a lot of "springback" of the bamboo, from compressing the pulp? Do you have to raise the grain with water between the later passes?

Denwor54

Life of the Party
Right now my plan is use the rougher to get the strips to an equal dimension and the proper angle on the strips. And then use the TMF to plan the taper to the rough taper. I don’t foresee having to raise any grain in this process and I have stopped soaking the strips with the hand mill and going with more passes taking less material and have been real happy with the results. As of know this rougher should reduce about 4 hrs per strip which my shoulders will like and will help with my final straightening.