New carp, bass, shad and other unfortunate local fish machine

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Well, if my 22' Wellcraft ocean boat wasn't enough, I just had an impossible to pass up opportunity hit me, and picked up a boat I was otherwise not in the market for. Basically helping out a friend who's going through divorce and needs to move like yesterday. So I took ownership of this and a bunch of fishin gear at far, far below market value.

Plan to spend a lot of time in it, standing on the front platform, site fishing for carp when things warm up. Before that season gets going though, it'll see its fair share of spring smallmouth and shad, too.

Gonna be a fun spring/summer :D

1678852374010.png1678852407125.png1678852427540.png

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Do you like carping and bassing?
definitely bassin’! Generally I fish the big ditch by my house out of my commander. Never carped, but it’s on my unemployed list for the summer. I have a couple packs of hooks sitting next to me for some carp flies.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
definitely bassin’! Generally I fish the big ditch by my house out of my commander. Never carped, but it’s on my unemployed list for the summer. I have a couple packs of hooks sitting next to me for some carp flies.
Will trade carp flies for boat rides

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Lmk if you need more carp flies, or someone to pole the flats.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Well, if my 22' Wellcraft ocean boat wasn't enough, I just had an impossible to pass up opportunity hit me, and picked up a boat I was otherwise not in the market for. Basically helping out a friend who's going through divorce and needs to move like yesterday. So I took ownership of this and a bunch of fishin gear at far, far below market value.

Plan to spend a lot of time in it, standing on the front platform, site fishing for carp when things warm up. Before that season gets going though, it'll see its fair share of spring smallmouth and shad, too.

Gonna be a fun spring/summer :D

View attachment 57869View attachment 57870View attachment 57871
I can think of another, larger and toothier, fish one could target out of that thing..... :unsure:

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
That looks like a fun and versatile setup. I have an EZ Loader trailer too. Best/worst thing about it is every time I notice it I think of that Phil Collins song—“She’s an EZ Loader…” doon doon doodoo dooont.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
That looks like a fun and versatile setup. I have an EZ Loader trailer too. Best/worst thing about it is every time I notice it I think of that Phil Collins song—“She’s an EZ Loader…” doon doon doodoo dooont.
My big boat also sits on an EZ Loader. Just a dual axle version... doon doon doodoo dooooont

1678967614447.png