I'm both hell yeah, and WTF?

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Fucking guppy
Let’s see the big one Randy
I’m of fish and no catch crowd
You guys will know it when I bag one
It'll happen soon! At one point, I was somewhere along the lines of a dozen trips between fish....all of year 2 and into year 3.

Last edited:

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
It'll happen soon! At one point, I was somewhere along the lines of a dozen tips between fish....all of year 2 and into year 3.
This is totally it!
I caught 2 on my 1st trip out last year in June. Nothing the next 10-12 trips after that!
Finally got my ONLY musky since then on Oct 3rd THIS year. And he was the ONLY one hooked that whole time. Only had 1 other actual bite.

No less than 6 hours fishing in the boat each time.

Not meant to scare you away. Keep at it! It will happen!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I’m more determined than ever
Rehabbing the knee but game on very soon
Get that thing better! My sciatica kept me out of the game for much of this season, but it's also making me work on my core more to help not only with that, but with all of my fishing.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Fucking guppy
Let’s see the big one Randy
I’m of fish and no catch crowd
You guys will know it when I bag one
Took me forever too, and it’s the only one for four years of decreasing effort. I think I only got out three or four times this year.

When your knee gets better we can hop in the drifter. Not as precise a boat, but your feet stay dry

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Maybe someday. Being a steelheader I've had enough fishless days with limited time I want to actually have fun when I fish. The visual aspect of it sounds very cool.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Yes, but only two outings this fall so far. We got eyes on one the first trip and I caught a nice SM during the second, my best ever I believe. Opportunities for some cool bycatch fishing for those guys.

532E79A8-D486-4192-BC26-88108107F15A.jpeg

Looking forward to more shots next spring. Wish more lakes were closer. I’d probably be out most weekends if so…at least until the coho showed up.

rattlesnake

Steelhead
haha yup. To echo the others I caught one then focused hard on them and went 8months without catching a fish. That was brutal. Now I tend to focus on Muskie for a short period of the year

Edit - I broke the drought with a…. fish that wasn’t a Muskie haha

Last edited:

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
I fished for many years with my dad up in Ontario for (natural) Muskies. We used gear and threw monster topwaters and bucktails for those beasts. I've landed some big (to me) fish over 50", but we were fishing in the land of giants (Eagle Lake) where fish in the 60" class have been caught. I took the fly rod up there a couple times and caught some nice Pike but no Muskies. Tigers locally are a bit different - not many will follow a boatside figure 8 and they're also not as topwater-friendly. Done a bit of fishing in Mayfield and had lots of follows and a few halfhearted swipes but so far no fish to the boat. But Clarkman's flies have motivated me and I plan to take whatever crawls outta my vise this winter for a swimming lesson next spring.