March Madness #4

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
This was a blast!

It’s more work for @Stonedfish so I’m a little bit of a jerk for suggesting it, but it would be a fun wrinkle to have everyone tie up one extra fly next year, creating a loser’s pot of 16 flies for the person who crashes out of the tournament first.

I got very last in my office’s MArch Madness pool this year and now have a toilet bowl trophy at my desk for a year. So obviously I’m looking for ways to hedge my bets.

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
This was a blast!

It’s more work for @Stonedfish so I’m a little bit of a jerk for suggesting it, but it would be a fun wrinkle to have everyone tie up one extra fly next year, creating a loser’s pot of 16 flies for the person who crashes out of the tournament first.

I got very last in my office’s MArch Madness pool this year and now have a toilet bowl trophy at my desk for a year. So obviously I’m looking for ways to hedge my bets.
Maybe we should tie two extra flies, so Stonedfish gets one from every participant as a thank you.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
This was a blast!

I was thinking next year, maybe do four sets of three flies.
The winner would get the first two sets of each pattern just like this year. We could then auction off the two remaining groups of flies.
Money from one group would be added to the CCC donation and money from the other group would go to PNWFF to help run the site.

I’m always open to suggestions and if someone wants to take reins next year and run this, you are more then welcome to do so and put your own twists on it. I’d be glad to pass the touch and be a participant next year.
SF

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Auctioning would be a good idea.
If no one minds I will auction all the flies on my Instagram to further benefit CCC and/or PNWFF. I've done this before with moderate success for the Sawyer Oregon fire relief fundraising a couple of years ago.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Just an FYI.
The $400 check was mailed in this week after I finally got time to go to the bank.
I also checked in with CCC beforehand to insure that when our donation check was received, it went to them for their use.
Thanks again for all who participated.
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Quick update for the participants of this year’s tournament. Between your donations and the great auction Kfish did with the flies, we were able to donate $725.00 to the Coastal Cutthroat Coalition.
Thanks again for everyone’s efforts.
Here is the letter I received from HCSEG.
SF

C77D491D-F9F0-4311-A4D6-580943A9318F.jpeg

Last edited: