Loon UV Fly Body Resin Tips Clogging

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Any tips (pun intended) about how to keep the thin needle tips unclogged after short storage? I follow Loon directions (keep out of light and place needle top on tip). Within 24 hours or less the needle tip is completely clogged...even though storage directions are followed and the bottle with tip (and cap in place) are stored in the dark in my roll-top tying bench.

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Forum Supporter
have you tried seamstress pins?

ssp1-1-main-ssp1_parent.jpg

rattlesnake

Steelhead
I had the same issue, even when using the pin loon provides.

I’d use a bic lighter (don’t use the high heat butane ones) and heat up the tip and squeeze over the garbage to open it up but was never able to keep the tip clear regularly. After a while I just gave up on it and assumed I was doing something wrong.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Thanks for the advice. I feel better knowing others have experienced the same problem! I'm going to continue to use the good 'ol bodkin application method. Even when the tips worked you often end up redistributing and smoothing with a bodkin anyway.

I'm just happy I didn't end up with an epic mess by forcefully attempting to get the resin through a clogged tip in my usual hamhanded manner. 😁

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Can be
I get a rash around my eyes and nose area
Lasts for several days
I think it is one of the best products and wish I could use it
I've mentioned it before but I wonder if it has to do with the strength of the light causing gassing as it doesn't take much to cure the stuff.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I've mentioned it before but I wonder if it has to do with the strength of the light causing gassing as it doesn't take much to cure the stuff.
Could be, but I get some pretty significant plumes (of something that I'm sure isn't healthy for me) when I cure my solarez and I've never had the reaction @Dr. Magill describes. I'm using the Loon UV Infiniti light.